User Name: Password: Register
Undecima Forum Bugs & Modifications Modifications Most Wanted - a new Quest feature
Most Wanted - a new Quest feature
Topic:
Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
14-Jun 2018 02:07 #1
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Most Wanted - a new Quest feature
I'd like to announce a new upcoming and exciting update for Undecima that I'm going to start working on hopefully soon enough – Most Wanted.

Most Wanted is going to be a daily timed quest. The basic idea is simple, once a day, you can accept the quest to find and catch a wanted criminal, if you succeed, you will get a reward (Coins of Chronos). Fugitives will be hiding in Bastions, Dungeons, and Stockades, but the ones that don't have precious goodies in them (i.e. Soul Gems, Artifacts, or Coins of Chronos). To capture the fugitive, you will have to defeat defenders of the object he is hiding in and bring him back.

When you accept the quest, a location (map coordinates) of the fugitive will be revealed and the Timer will start – you will have to bring the criminal back to your town before this timer expires. Locations will be random around your town and there will be enough time to scout the location and send your troops there and return if you don't procrastinate too much.

That's all good, but you may say it's not that exciting and agree with you Happy but that's only Level 1 of this quest, which will be available very early in the Game (even before you complete your tutorial). After you complete a certain number of Level 1 quests, you will unlock Level 2 Most Wanted quests, which work in the following way:
As soon as you accept the quest, the location of your target will be revealed as for Level 1 quests and the timer will trigger, but when you defeat defenders of your target, instead of finding the criminal, a new location will be revealed and a new timer will start.

There will be may be 3 or 4 of these locations before you finally find your criminal and this time around, the time allocated for you will be roughly enough to scout the target and send your troops to defeat defenders. Since the second timer will trigger right after defeating defenders in the first/previous target, you will need to coordinate your moves differently than for Level 1 Quests and likely use Mercenaries and different Commanders. The Reward for finding these criminals will be higher as well Wink

And finally, the 3rd and the last level of the Most Wanted Quest. After completing a certain number of Level 2 Quests, you will unlock Level 3. The Level 3 quests will work almost exactly the same as Level 2 ones, except there will be more locations (somewhere between 5 and 8) and allocated time will exclude scouting and will be more strict on any delays Shocked

That's right, send troops to defeat defenders, as soon as you have new coordinates, send another battlegroup, and so on. For this scenario, you will have to use Mercenaries and different Commanders (for Level 2, you can skip scouting, in which case your main Commander will have enough time to return). The Reward for completing Level 3 Quests will be the best of all Wink

Every time you will have a choice of one Quest for each unlocked level, but you will be able to accept only one quest at a time. As soon as you accept the Quest, the 24-hour timer will start for other available quests. When you complete your current quest, you can accept another one (of a different level) and try completing it as well.

That's the main concept, but some details may change later when I start working it.

Well Done
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
14-Jun 2018 04:24 #2
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Re: Most Wanted - a new Quest feature
Sounds like an interesting idea. Anything to add a little spice to the game is welcome Well Done
liked this
disliked this
28-Jun 2018 23:22 #3
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
I'm starting to work on this new feature now and I thought, why don't we have some fun, so I'm starting the "Name Your Villain" campaign, where you can suggest names for Villains for the Most Wanted quest. You can read more about it and post your suggestions in this thread.

Well Done
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
09-Jul 2018 01:33 #4
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
There will be no 24-hour "combined" timer for all quests (unnecessary complication). As you complete one quest, you can accept another one (of a different difficulty) and will be limited only by its expiry limits. Every day all completed or failed quests will be refreshed.

Well Done
liked this
disliked this
25-Jul 2018 00:24 #5
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Just a little update - we had school holidays for the past two weeks and after working and entertaining my kids a whole day, I was a bit too drained out to do any programming. Now the holidays are over and I can do a bit more. So, more to come sometime soon Wink
liked this
disliked this
29-Jul 2018 03:37 #6
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
I think we've all been taking a bit of a break, and playing much more casually. I've been engrossed in some other things, and now playing a lot of chess - plus studying chess, and watching chess videos Cool

I'm just keeping my research going, and biding my time. I keep watching to see when requin will move up to level 11 ! Go Crazy
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
21-Oct 2018 01:50 #7
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
I'm back to development, slowly but steadily we'll get there Wink Here is a little "spoiler" what this new feature will look like Cool

liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
1 ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.