GO
1 2 » Last
31-Mar 2018 01:57 #1
Novo
Ghost

User
Active
Run It Again
Somewhere in the calculation there is a random factor or RNG. If you ever get a different result from an attack than what you expected well unless you input the wrong numbers this is the reason why.

This can be incredibly annoying if you're trying to maximize your xp by leaving only 1 of your units alive after a fight only to find out they all died and you have to respawn your Hero. Or you sent "just enough" to get the job done only to have 1 enemy stay alive meaning you get 0 xp since it's considered a draw.

Example: 1 Dragon + 30 Axemen vs. 16 Templar
Sometimes the result is you kill 16 other times you kill only 15 so if you send that attack it's really a gamble whether or not it's going to be a Win or a Draw.

Therefore if you're like me and you like to calculate everything down to the wire be sure to run the calculation several times to be sure you know what "all" possible results of a battle may be instead of just a "single" result.
liked this
disliked this
31-Mar 2018 02:42 #2
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: Run It Again
The random factor is right on the surface LOL Every round of the (real) battle the damage will be within the range of your Unit's Damage as on the picture below. Also, there is an option on your Battle Calculator to turn off "Fixed Damage" (which averages your Unit's Damage) and simulate how it will be in a real battle Wink

If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
31-Mar 2018 02:47 #3
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
It's best to make sure in the battle calculator, that you are expected to win your battles by a reasonable margin. If it's really close, then it's better to send more troops, and get less score, than risk losing your commander - and maybe elite units.
Last Edited: 02:47 31-Mar-18 by Fysh
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
31-Mar 2018 02:48 #4
Sesame
Rogue

User
Active
But according to this very recent post:

"Originally Posted by ForumAdmin"
The battle is calculated not on individual level (unit vs unit), but rather for a group of units of the same kind vs other group of units of the same kind and this abilities would be applied and distributed on this particular group of units.

there is also some random factor in assigning battalions. How does the Battle Calculator take this into account?
liked this
disliked this
31-Mar 2018 02:54 #5
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
By default the battle calculator averages damage, so it will always show the same result for the same battle. If you use randomised damage instead, the results will vary.

Personally I just use averaged damage calculations, and make sure I win by a reasonable margin, rather than running 20 randomised battles.

The real battle uses randomised damage to determine casualties during each round. There is no way of knowing how this will turn out. Sometimes it will be in your favour, sometimes the dice rolls will go against you. But if you ensure you have a reasonable margin, you can't go far wrong.
Last Edited: 02:55 31-Mar-18 by Fysh
liked this
disliked this
31-Mar 2018 03:06 #6
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
"Originally Posted by Sesame"
there is also some random factor in assigning battalions. How does the Battle Calculator take this into account?

No, the troops distribution is not random, it's based on their Troops Power.

For example, if

100 Axemen (Unit Power = 2 x 100 = 200)
and 100 Horsemen (UP = 3 x 100 = 300 )

attacking

200 Pikemen (UP = 2 x 200 = 400 )

Before battle starts, it will be calculated, that distribution in attacking forces is 2/5 and 3/5, so in the first round, 100 Axemen will fight 2/5 * 200 Pikemen = 80 and 100 Horsemen will fight 3/5 * 200 Pikemen = 120.

Then 1st Round takes place, all casualities are calculated and the rest of the troops is distributed in the same way.

If there are more types of troops on defending side, their proportion would be calculated as well and matched with attackers, so at the end, everybody will be split into proportionally matched pairs. When there are a lot of different types of troops, it is much more complecated Rolling Eyes

There is also a very slight bonus in distribution for Elite troops, which is always favourable for them.

Well Done
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
Fysh, Sesame liked this
disliked this
31-Mar 2018 03:44 #7
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
And I assume when the units are lined up against each other, attack values are compared against defence values to see what percentage of units hit for each side in each of the mini-battles? Then damage is rolled, and casualties removed at the end of the round?

I assume damage is not carried over from round to round, ie individual units don't get injured, so all surviving units have full health for the next round?
liked this
disliked this
31-Mar 2018 13:06 #8
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Hmm.. it's not exactly like that - a formula is applied for calculating base damage, then any bonuses that can be applied without knowing who they are going to fight are applied, then they broken into pairs, and bonuses that can be applied only knowing your opposing troops are applied for each pair (e.g. counters, etc.) - there are several files of scripting for these calculations - then the final damage is calculated and we have our casualties.

Now, about injuries. When a pair is formed, each part of a pair is sort of a single entity, because it's got all the same stats with the effects and bonuses. So, if we take our example above with 100 Axemen fighting 80 Pikemen, after the first round of fighting, there can be 50.46 Axemen left and 30.23 Pikemen. When the battle is over, it's all rounded up.

Well Done
liked this
disliked this
31-Mar 2018 21:22 #9
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Yeah I figured it would just come up with a number for the casualties, and when the next round begins again, it's like all remaining units are completely fresh and unhurt.

This means a unit with a lot of health (like a dragon) has to have enough damage to kill it applied in a single round - it's no good doing 50% damage one round, then 50% damage the next - that's partly why Dragons are so durable.
Last Edited: 21:22 31-Mar-18 by Fysh
liked this
disliked this
31-Mar 2018 22:22 #10
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Hmm... No, the Dragon may be 0.92 of a Dragon after the first round, 0.83 after the second (i.e. it's not getting healed) and if it's something more than set minimum for survival by the end of the battle, it will survive. This little factor I mentioned earlier helps them to survive as well when there are other troops in a Battlegroup Wink And they are pretty thick-skin on their own Happy
liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 2 Page(s)
GO
1 2 » Last ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.