GO
1 2 » Last
31-Mar 2018 01:21 #1
Novo
Ghost

User
Active
Cost Efficiency
So I maxed the Att/Dmg of Axemen and no matter what I run it against it's the most cost efficient in terms of resources lost in winning any battle. No matter the enemy, no matter the number... Pure Axemen for the win. Adding other attacking units in my case mages/wyverns just makes the win more expensive.

Example... winning with a combination of axe, wyverns, mages is in every example I've come across more expensive than just sending axemen and nothing but axemen. Ah... adding Elites is always a win Well Done

1 Big negative to this however is that all your unit loses need to be replenished from the barracks leaving your secondary unit production building (citadel etc.) effectively worthless =/

One could argue that while not more efficient in terms of "gold/food" one can technically rebuild faster using a mix of units which would be more efficient in terms of "time spent replenishing your army"

But forget about all that nonsense.... Axemen for the win
ForumAdmin, dragonvir liked this
disliked this
31-Mar 2018 02:33 #2
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: Cost Efficiency
You can do it for a while (I know some other players are doing it as well), but on the higher levels, it will be harder, considering that Neutral Objects will retaliate Wink

Frankly, I don't think you can finish the Game with only Axemen, but nobody ever tried it before - maybe it's possible, who knows LOL

Well Done
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
31-Mar 2018 02:39 #3
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
I always send scouts and pick the most appropriate troops. For instance (for the Magic faction), if I am fighting a dungeon where there are only Thugs, I send only Dragon(s) + Mages.

It's not all about pure cost effectiveness. As you pointed out, it can help rebuild troops faster if you use a mixture of normal barracks and faction troops. But more importantly, if you send the correct troops you can get a much higher score per attack. And the score you get is also the xp your commander gets, so they level up much more quickly. On top of that, it is often possible to get +1 morale, which lasts for 48 hours, and helps reduce losses in future attacks too.

I'm looking forward to when it is possible to see which mercenaries are available in each camp without visiting them. This will help to make mercenaries much more effective. Currently I cannot usually be bothered to go and find the ones I need...
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
31-Mar 2018 22:25 #4
Novo
Ghost

User
Active
"Originally Posted by ForumAdmin"

Frankly, I don't think you can finish the Game with only Axemen.

*cough* *cough* Best Mufasa impression IS THAT A CHALLENGE?

Last Edited: 22:29 31-Mar-18 by Novo
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
31-Mar 2018 22:41 #5
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Hehe - bring it on Cool

What about defensive troops or Dragons? Shocked

In theory, if you are active enough, you don't need any defensive troops at all as you can counter-attack any incoming enemy, but I have no idea if it's actually doable on higher levels Wink
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
27-Apr 2018 15:06 #6
requin
Ranger

User
Active
I counter attack every attack with axemen. Max level watchtower helps a ton.
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
27-Apr 2018 20:28 #7
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
It depends, but my personal preference is to let these incoming land as this way you can get "defending" points and buff up your other Commander Wink The cost of course is fixing Walls and Towers Rolling Eyes On higher levels, it probably would make more sense to counter-attack them though.

Well Done
liked this
disliked this
28-Apr 2018 08:28 #8
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Defending is not such a bad option. It's not so simple any more...

1) The cost of repairing walls and towers is insignificant, and as you approach higher levels, even the time taken to repair is irrelevant as you begin to max out your town buildings. You could argue that it is helpful for completing the building tasks in the daily chores.

2) The effect of maintaining a large offensive force needed for counter-attacking, greatly increases the strength of the enemies you face. You can quickly face an escalating arms race. The effect of maintaining a large defensive force, has much less impact on the strength of local enemies, therefore, resulting in easier attacks, fewer losses, and more spare gold and food income.

As an added bonus, this makes mercenaries very cost-effective (because you need less of them), and now that they are easier to find, and they move faster (thus making them cheaper), is very practical.

The only real downside with having easier local enemies, is that they have less loot, and so make it slightly harder to get one of the top weekly raider slots.

I think the recent changes, have helped balance the classes. I'm not sure they are 100% there, but there are a lot better balanced than they were a few weeks ago.
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
28-Apr 2018 12:22 #9
Sesame
Rogue

User
Active
"Originally Posted by Fysh"

and as you approach higher levels, even the time taken to repair is irrelevant as you begin to max out your town buildings.

Not too sure about that. My Walls and Towers feel kind of cheesy. It always takes me more than 6 hours to fully repair them, and Auto-repairs sometimes just do not work.

A couple of questions in mind.
(1) Does Repairing Factor work as: (actual time and cost) = (base repair time and cost)*(Repairing Factor) ?
(2) How does damage inflicted by siege weapons depend on attacking army size? Is it linear like: (damage) = (troops Power)*(Efficiency)*(some factor) ?
(3) Will mercenaries have more Efficient siege weapons on higher map levels? That would really hurt! Angry
Last Edited: 12:23 28-Apr-18 by Sesame
liked this
disliked this
28-Apr 2018 16:27 #10
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
I will review repairing mechanics later and it will be working as intended (or even better Wink )

(1) Repairing = Construction * Repairing Factor

(2) Siege Weapons can damage fortifications every round of the battle, so the more overwhelming defensive troops you have, the faster the battle will be over and the less damage will be done to your fortifications

(3) No, it's always the same Wink
liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 2 Page(s)
GO
1 2 » Last ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.