liked this
disliked this
22-Feb 2018 22:24 #22
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: Undecima Hosting
Unfortunately, my experience with a2 hosting wasn’t a happy one Sad After so much waiting, it looks like I have no admin rights over my server and without admin rights, I can’t do much there in terms of installing/reinstalling/configuring/etc (I did ask them before buying, but that was before). They said they can do it for me, but it means that if something fails and I need to restart the game, upload a quick bug fix, change something in mail configuration - I have to log a ticket and wait until someone does it for me. They might be good, but for much projects that don’t require so much “hands on”. Well, at least I realised it before I moved everything so even though it was a waste of time, it could be much worse.

So, I’m cancelling my account with them and will be looking for a new hosting services and I have something in mind. I’ll post an update when I have something to report back. As for the launch date – I hope to find something and get it ready over a weekend, then the same week for adjusting everything and going live on the 5th of March.

Thank You

If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
03-Mar 2018 01:19 #23
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Guess who's back Wink !! The process proved to be not that easy and after 2-year break, I forgot quite a bit about hosting and setting up servers. I had my notes, but not detailed enough and only one "little" misstep and you can screw up everything quite badly - I've done it twice so far and had to start all over again.

Now I'm compiling a step-by-step (6 pages so far) manual for my further reference. Good news - the portal side (undecima.com) and the forum (forum.undecima.com) are back online. Next is the main game site (u1.undecima.com) and a tech-support site (support.undecima.com).

Then I will run scripts to create a new Undecima World and we can start testing.

I'm also thinking about full reset of the forum. There is plenty of useful information, but on the other hand, a lot of stuff that is outdated and not relevant, which can create a lot of confusion. I was thinking about sorting it out, but it would take me ages to look through all posts and topics. I'll probably keep only topics related to upgrades for the second launch.

Ok, back to work Wink

Cool
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
03-Mar 2018 02:34 #24
Avalugg
Gladiator

User
Active
Yay, the wait is almost over! Go Crazy

I believe it is good to reset the forum and just keep the topics about the updates.
There will be new players joining and to not get them confused I also think it is good to get rid of the outdated data/topics on the forum.
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
08-Mar 2018 03:01 #25
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
With all recent issues with loading pages I was thinking about switching a host again and even found a potential candidate: https://mochahost.com/vps_windows.php , their plans look very good, I have almost signed up with them just to test them in parallel with running the Game on my current host, but then discovered that they are not very honest and there are a bit of misadvertising on their sale pages, such as:

- Their VPS are not Cloud (but Cloud is a word on the page)
- They say they give a free SSL with this plans, but that's a free SSL on its own if you go with Plesk control
- They show a Plesk control panel in the list of feature, but you have to pay for this extra
- They say they will optimize your content with CloudFlare for free worth of $200, but in fact they are just oferring a free plan for free, if you want a $200-plan, you have to play $200.

And a few more. So, now I have some doubts, plus all their plans are not managed, but they tried to insure me that they will help with everything as best as they can.

I will upgrade the host, that's for sure. The reason I was looking for somebody else was that upgrade with my current host is going to quite pricey, but I may try to endevour with the unmanaged plan, which will be just about financially acceptable and the guys are very helpful. Not sure if they stay helpful if I go unmanaged.

All that means that we may shut down the game for 2 to 4 days soon. I'll try to prepare as much as possible beforehand, but actual DNS change (mapping of a new IP to undecima.com) will take upto 48 hours, and there are some stuff that can be done only after this mapping is completed. All progress will be saved, I'll back up everything, and everybody will start from the point where they left, so just pausing for a few days Wink

I will post everywhere when I have my final decision Happy

Well Done
liked this
disliked this
Page 3 out of 3 Page(s)
GO
First « 1 2 3 ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.