GO
1 2 3 » Last
15-Feb 2018 06:31 #1
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Undecima Hosting
I'm in the process of looking for good hosting company and will appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Here what I'm after.

- It should be Windows Hosting as all applications are .NET

- Should be a Dedicated Sever or VPS

- Should be able to host 5 Web Sites and install 2 Desktop Applications

- CPU: Minimum 4 Core

- RAM: Minimum 8 GB

- Hard Drive: The more, the merrier

- Bandwidth: As above

- Should have SQL Server - can be the Express version

- Panel, I had Plesk before, but not sure if it's necessary, probably can manage without

- Support: 24/7 via Chat (as I'm outside of the States and calling them every time can be quite expensive)

Thank You

If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
15-Feb 2018 06:38 #2
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: Undecima Hosting
Last time Undecima was online, I had a dedicated server with Hostgator, but this time around I have a few concerns going with it again:

- Dedicated Servers are expensive, comparing to VPS - one of the reasons Undecima had to go into Hybernation two years ago

- They are not Windows-oriented, as such sometimes it's difficult to find someone who actually knows what I'm talking about.

- Support - it was sort of OK, if you are lucky, there were a few very knowledgable and helpful guys, but nowadays, you can wait for ages for somebody talk to you online and then it would be a total dufus. They also cancelled the system of raising tickets (what a stupid idea), so the only way to get in touch is to wait online or try calling the Sad
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
15-Feb 2018 06:52 #3
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
I was considering for some time and quite seriously 1&1 hosting (https://www.1and1.com/), but then started the process of pre-signing a contract with them, run into a few questions, couldn't find answers (like they charge for Windows hosting $5 per Core extra, but don't charge you right away - they add it in the next bill, based on the per minute usage Shocked ). So I tried contacting them, found that their chat system is "currently unavailable" and a number, which is US-free Rolling Eyes

Then I found a site with reviews of these guys and now definitely looking for somebody else Sad
Last Edited: 06:52 15-Feb-18 by ForumAdmin
liked this
disliked this
15-Feb 2018 08:13 #4
Avalugg
Gladiator

User
Active
You should check https://www.neostrada.com/cloud-servers-vps-hosting.html
I really don't know if they are expensive or not but I have read some reviews and most of them are very positive.

ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
16-Feb 2018 05:15 #5
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
"Originally Posted by Avalugg"
You should check https://www.neostrada.com/cloud-servers-vps-hosting.html
I really don't know if they are expensive or not but I have read some reviews and most of them are very positive.

Checked, they don't do Windows Hosting Sad
liked this
disliked this
16-Feb 2018 05:40 #6
Voldera
Scout

User
Active
Hi,

Maybe you can have a look at this site: https://www.strato.com/en_au/server/windows-vps.

Only thing is they don't have 24/7 Live chat, only by email.
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
16-Feb 2018 06:36 #7
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Thank you, will do Wink

I found this guys as well: https://www.hostwinds.com/windows-vps.php

Very helpful tech/sales staff, was chatting for almost an hour (I've got very rusty in web hosting matters).
liked this
disliked this
16-Feb 2018 06:52 #8
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
I found also this website: https://hostadvice.com/ and spent some time reading negative reviews for Hostgator - I'm not along in this universe LOL They have plenty of reviews for a lot of hosting providers... Time to read and compare Wink
liked this
disliked this
16-Feb 2018 07:19 #9
Avalugg
Gladiator

User
Active
"Originally Posted by ForumAdmin"
Thank you, will do Wink

I found this guys as well: https://www.hostwinds.com/windows-vps.php

Very helpful tech/sales staff, was chatting for almost an hour (I've got very rusty in web hosting matters).

These guys seem pretty expensive to me.

Me and Voldera just viewed over 20 hosting providers and we configured a lot of servers online with the requirements you mentioned and we came to the conclusion that the one Voldera metioned in his post is one of the best providers around (quality/price).

Some providers are really scamming the shit out of customers with unbelievable high prices.

liked this
disliked this
16-Feb 2018 07:34 #10
Avalugg
Gladiator

User
Active
I have compared Strato and Hostwinds.

Strato
Windows server OS
8 CPU Vcores
8 GB Ram
600 GB SSD/HDD
Bandwith: Unlimited traffic
Price per month: $35.99

Hostwinds
Windows server OS
4 Cores
8GB Ram
100 GB HDD
Bandwith: 4TB
Price per month: $96.74

======

Strato gives you double the amount of Cores than Hostwinds does.
Strato gives you 6 times the amount of diskspace than Hostwinds does.
Strato gives you unlimited bandwith instead off the limitation of 4TB.
Strato has almost 3 times less expensive monthly costs than Hostwinds.

** Hostwinds gives 24/7 chat support which Strato does not.

Good luck choosing the best provider Teasing

Last Edited: 07:34 16-Feb-18 by Avalugg
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 3 Page(s)
GO
1 2 3 » Last ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.