User Name: Password: Register
Undecima Forum News & Announcements News & Updates Winning and Replaying Undecima
Winning and Replaying Undecima
Topic:
Page 1 out of 2 Page(s)
GO
1 2 » Last
02-Jun 2018 02:03 #1
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Winning and Replaying Undecima
The time is coming when we're going to crown our first winner and I had to urgently start working on some ideas that I wanted to implement before the end of Round #1.

As many or some of you know from Guidelines and previous posts, after winning a Game Round, you get an Order of Undecima and get in the Hall of Fame. I'll talk about replaying Undecima a bit later, but at this time I'd like to announce that every player who wins Undecima will get a personalised Undecima Certificate (electronic version) with his or her name and login name that he or she can print, frame, and hang on the wall Wink

P.S. The quality of the file/picture a winner is going to get will be much higher as there is a limit on the files size on the forum

Well Done

If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
02-Jun 2018 02:18 #2
SuperRoma
Thug

User
Active
Re: Winning and Replaying Undecima
The certificate is so good that I have already entered the name and nailed it to the wall! Cool
ForumAdmin, Sesame liked this
disliked this
02-Jun 2018 21:23 #3
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Looks really good Go Crazy
liked this
disliked this
04-Jun 2018 02:34 #4
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
I'm very glad you like it guys - I tried my best and I do like it myself Cool

Now, about replaying or playing again Undecima.

1) First, Undecima is constantly developing and I'm adding new features and updates all the time so, when and if you play another round, likely you will experience something new (and exciting). There will be as promised new objects starting from Map Level 5 and after I finish with these updates and fix a few bugs, I will start working on one very cool feature that I wanted to announce for a long time Wink

2) You know about Undecima Hall of Fame and if you win a round, your name will be added to this Hall, but there will be another thing. I call it Undecima Legends. To become a Legend, you have to win more than one round by capturing and defending the Crown. With all due respect to Soul Mates, there will be no piggybacking in becoming a Legend Happy There will be different Ranks for each extra Round, but I will tell more later when we are closer to that time Wink

3) Becoming a Legend will take a bit more than time Wink Every new round will be a bit harder. At the moment I have two things that will change:

- Neutral troops will be stronger by 1 Map Level with each Round you won, e.g. if you won one round and currently on Map Level 1, all hostile neutral troops will be as strong as they are on Map Level 2 for all other players, and so on. The number of troops, would be the same as for other players.

- Long March extras will grow by 5% for each round you won as well.

- I have a few more ideas, but they are a bit raw and I will announce them later if I decide to implement them.

That's all I wanted to say and my respect to the guys who are about to lay siege to Undecima Town – I hope you enjoyed the Game so far.

Thank You
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
04-Jun 2018 02:51 #5
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
"Originally Posted by ForumAdmin"
3) Becoming a Legend will take a bit more than time Wink Every new round will be a bit harder. At the moment I have two things that will change:

- Long March extras will grow by 5% for each round you won as well.

Wow, this is one I'm definitely not keen on... After restarting I was hoping to have some chill time, and maybe have some fun trying out some pvp. As this inevitably takes place at long range, it seems winning a round will have won me some kind of punishment. It's almost better to retire, and create a new character... Angry
Last Edited: 02:53 04-Jun-18 by Fysh
liked this
disliked this
04-Jun 2018 03:13 #6
Sesame
Rogue

User
Active
"Originally Posted by ForumAdmin"

- Neutral troops will be stronger by 1 Map Level with each Round you won, e.g. if you won one round and currently on Map Level 1, all hostile neutral troops will be as strong as they are on Map Level 2 for all other players, and so on. The number of troops, would be the same as for other players.

Sorry if I am not getting it right. Does that mean hostile neutral troops get stronger every time someone wins? Will there be that one day any Thug can become a Dragon-slayer? Shocked And if every player shares the same handicap, how would it be more challenging for past-winners? And if neutral units are strengthened against only the winner, then I suppose they will have every motivations to go PvP.
Last Edited: 03:14 04-Jun-18 by Sesame
liked this
disliked this
04-Jun 2018 03:13 #7
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
If what you are saying is that it will grow from 10% (normal) to 15% - I guess that's no big deal.... It will still be a lot lower than the 50% that it used to be.

I'm just slightly concerned that it makes mercenaries relatively more expensive, as they require a greater upkeep. I am planning to replay using the Nature class, so mercenaries will be very important to me...

Also, regarding the other suggested change of increasing the map level of NPC units - is this something that will be reflected in the battle calculator? Again. I have concerns about relying more heavily on mercenaries, which will always be fighting at a disadvantage - unless mercenaries strength also increases?
liked this
disliked this
04-Jun 2018 13:36 #8
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Hostile neutral troops will get stronger only for YOU, not for other players Happy As they are getting stronger very gradually, it should only present a welcomed challenge for strong players Wink

Mercenaries will not get stronger and new changes (for hostile neutral troops) will be reflected in Battle Calculator when you tick "Use your Town stats".

These things are not bonuses for winners, but rather handicaps to give an extra challenge, like next level of difficulty in other games - so it will supposed to be more difficult Wink

Ah, almost forgot to say - if you restart the game (e.g. after winning it once), your "victory counter" will get reset and all handicaps will be removed, so the "easy" mode is still available LOL

Well Done
Last Edited: 13:37 04-Jun-18 by ForumAdmin
liked this
disliked this
04-Jun 2018 20:10 #9
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
I understand that the idea is to make the game harder - which is a good thing.

The only real issue I have is that if the NPCs get increasingly harder, but mercenaries stay the same, it puts factions like Nature at a further disadvantage.

A Might or Magic player can just spend a bit of extra time levelling up their library and blacksmith before progressing onto further levels. That way, they won't even notice the increase, because their troops will already be a match for the NPCs.

It's probably not a big deal if you have only won once, but imagine if the NPC's are three or four levels higher; mercenaries are going to become increasingly worthless, while recruited troops can always be improved ahead of time - at least until they hit maximum level.
Last Edited: 20:10 04-Jun-18 by Fysh
liked this
disliked this
04-Jun 2018 23:11 #10
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
"Originally Posted by Fysh"
I understand that the idea is to make the game harder - which is a good thing.

The only real issue I have is that if the NPCs get increasingly harder, but mercenaries stay the same, it puts factions like Nature at a further disadvantage.

A Might or Magic player can just spend a bit of extra time levelling up their library and blacksmith before progressing onto further levels. That way, they won't even notice the increase, because their troops will already be a match for the NPCs.

It's probably not a big deal if you have only won once, but imagine if the NPC's are three or four levels higher; mercenaries are going to become increasingly worthless, while recruited troops can always be improved ahead of time - at least until they hit maximum level.

I see you point. The increase is not that significant and by the time somebody goes for the 4th of 5th round, we'll figure out something to make it fair and worthwhile Wink
liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 2 Page(s)
GO
1 2 » Last ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.