GO
1 2 » Last
19-Mar 2018 01:43 #1
Sesame
Rogue

User
Active
Faith or Nature?
Hey everyone! I see that most of you have already chosen your town class, few though it seems prefer the defensive classes Faith and Nature. Here I want to share my opinions on the two. My conclusion is Nature is overall a nicer class, and it can be a better attacker than Faith as well.
Shocked
The reason I chose Faith in the first place is because Zealot and Axeman can be combined under the Close Combat hero skill to be quite a foe to reckon with in late-game, especially with Inquisitor to cover their weakness. They are nonetheless slow, and being slow matters to defensive (probably less active) players. Since having a lot of defensive troops in town will build up the defence of neighbouring Map Objects, it is often preferable for less active players to attack further cells (they can't repeat lots of short-range raids anyway). But attacking 12 fields away will require extra Upkeep, from which Faith bands suffer the most. It can be that there is an optimal range between some 6-12 fields that balances the two effects, but about that number I don't really know.

The second matter is on intercepting. Zealot is the slowest offensive units, they are not going to catch up on anything unless it was a siege, and they are best against the fast-moving Mounted units as well, whereas Wolf Rider is the second fastest unit in game! What makes it worse is that Faith Heroes can't learn Pathfinding!

Although Wolf Rider is weak against Ranged units, it is in no way vulnerable to infantry (even the anti-Mounted) defenders once it is about two times in Power than their enemies, so you may as well pour all your research on them.

Lastly, and most importantly, Nature provides the Bear Tamer and Druid combo that excels against all unit types. Faith can never be as good in defending Ranged units.

That is, of course, not to say that Faith has not its own merits. When it comes to wreaking havoc to large static Map Objects or sieging, the Faith band is more all-rounded. The Paladin is also swift to its allies' rescueWell Done.
Last Edited: 01:48 19-Mar-18 by Sesame
ForumAdmin, Fysh, Temporary liked this
disliked this
19-Mar 2018 02:00 #2
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: Faith or Nature?
Faith is a very strong Defensive class as soon as you accumulate enough Angels. The perk of Angels (beside the fact that they are tough and resurrect your troops) - they are smart and don't jump into the battle Big Grin Meaning, that if you defend your Town and there are some Angels, they will take part in the battle, but will die last, fighting and resurrecting your troops (and any reinforcing troops) to the last Angel standing.

Another thing - any Defensive class (Faith or Nature) will/shall rely more heavily on Mercenaries for any offensive manoeuvres.

And lastly - if you save enough Coins of Chronos, you can change your Town Class starting from Map Level 3 Wink

Well Done
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
Fysh liked this
disliked this
19-Mar 2018 02:10 #3
Sesame
Rogue

User
Active
Wow! I never knowShocked.
I've always gone to the Battle Calculator before I sent my Angel to attack, sometimes it will get killed even when I am ~3 times more powerful than my enemy. Better not risk them there.
liked this
disliked this
19-Mar 2018 02:32 #4
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Oh, you have to follow the main fighting rule of the game - Defensive Troops for Defence and Offensive for Offense - Never send any Defensive troops to attack anything as they will get slaughtered and the same for defending with Offensive troops.

Just play with a Battle calculator and see how bad Defensive troops when Attacking and other way around Wink

If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
19-Mar 2018 02:36 #5
Sesame
Rogue

User
Active
I always thought they will help revive my killed troopsLOL
liked this
disliked this
19-Mar 2018 02:40 #6
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
They would, but because they have a great disadvantage while attacking, they just don't have time before they are all dead Sorry
liked this
disliked this
19-Mar 2018 03:17 #7
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
I'm trying to understand the disadvantage with attacking/defending with the wrong type of troops - Is the only factor the +50% applied to all stats? That is a big disadvantage of course, but just wondering if that is the whole story, or if there are other factors?
liked this
disliked this
19-Mar 2018 21:43 #8
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
If I remember correctly, -50% to all stats and I think that's bad enough to have any other factors LOL
liked this
disliked this
19-Mar 2018 22:05 #9
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Getting back on topic, I personally like the ascetic of the Nature troops, and like their special abilities, but think they are too heavily defensive for the game as it currently stands. I would love to play as Nature, but having only one offensive unit makes them a weak choice. Maybe their bonuses could be tweaked to give them another offensive unit? Or maybe they could have a unit (or couple of units) which has +25% offense and +25% defence? It would still make them a good defensive choice, but give them some versatility.
Last Edited: 22:07 19-Mar-18 by Fysh
liked this
disliked this
19-Mar 2018 22:12 #10
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Come to think of it, it would be good if the bonuses for Faith Angels were +25% off, +25% def.

I personally like the Faith class (and almost chose to play them), but having an Elite unit which you can barely use, is the main drawback.
liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 2 Page(s)
GO
1 2 » Last ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.