User Name: Password: Register
Undecima Forum Lets Start with Basics Undecima 101 Coins of Chronos and Teleportation
Coins of Chronos and Teleportation
Topic:
Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
13-Mar 2018 02:07 #1
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Coins of Chronos and Teleportation
I was just wondering how coins of Chronos work with level teleportation?

As far as I understand it there are three ways player town can be teleported across levels:

a) The player may choose to move down to a lower level (maybe to join a friend)
b) The player may win the Crown, and therefore be teleported down to level 1
c) The player may have stayed too long on level 11, and be forcibly teleported down a random number of levels.

In each case everything in a players town is reset to a previously stored value, but what happens to players coins of Chronos balance?

I would like to think that coins of Chronos exist outside time and therefore are the one thing that is not affected by teleporting in time. They can alter time, but cannot be altered by time. Therefore when a player is teleported, their coins of Chronos balance is the only thing that would remain unchanged.

How does it work?
Last Edited: 02:08 13-Mar-18 by Fysh
liked this
disliked this
13-Mar 2018 02:48 #2
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: Coins of Chronos and Teleportation
Or better say moving between Map Levels (as Teleportation can be a bit confusing with Teleportation Gates that take you between Map Cells on the same level on Map Level 11)

1) Most natural way - you collect 7 Soul Gems, activate your Soul Orb and move up with all your coins

2) Somebody can knock you down a Map Level, but again with all your coins

3) You can reset the game from any point and start on Map Level 1 - all your free Coins of Chronos (the ones that you earned in the Game) will be reset, but all unspent paid Coins of Chronos will go with you.

4) You can "Turn the Time Back" in one of the Temples of Chronos and jump to a lower Map, and here it's a bit tricksy Happy
When you jump to a lower Map, you are literally turning the time back and landing in your Town as it was at the moment when you just arrived to this Map Level (i.e. not as developed as it is on the level where you're jumping from).

The Coins of Chronos will work in the following way (sorry it can be confusing):

IF you had more paid Coins of Chronos at that time than you have now, then you would have that total amount of Coins of Chronos (i.e. free and paid).

IF you have now more paid Coins of Chronos than then (i.e. you bought more since you moved up), then you would have Coins of Chronos of your town at that time + your current paid Coins of Chronos – paid Coins of Chronos at that time.

As for the paid Coins of Chronos – you would always have the largest, i.e. if you had on the level more than now, you would have that many and other way around.

If you have only free Coins of Chronos (earned in the game), then you would have just the same amount as you had at that time.

5) You can be "jolted" from the last level if you don't capture the Crown for too long – it will work exactly as "Turning the Time Back" above

6) And lastly, your Town is reset after winning a Game Round – it will work exactly as reset in #3.

So, the time can alter the Coins of Chronos but mostly in your favour Wink
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
13-Mar 2018 05:25 #3
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
That sounds well thought out, and was very clear and understandable. Your way is fairer to the player.

What if you buy some coins, spend some, and then later increase your coin total by collecting free coins? For example:

You buy 50 coins. Your total now is 55.
You spend 25 coins. Your total now is 30 coins
You earn some more free coins. Your total now is 60 coins.

Let's say you now win the game or otherwise move levels. How many coins do you have?!
liked this
disliked this
13-Mar 2018 06:17 #4
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Ignore this post!
Last Edited: 06:20 13-Mar-18 by Fysh
liked this
disliked this
13-Mar 2018 21:57 #5
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Well Done
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
1 ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.