Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
10-Mar 2018 21:50 #1
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Troop improvement questions
1) For the Scout in the blacksmith does Attack and Defence improve ability to Scout, and ability to detect Scouts when on watch? Also what about the Damage stat?

2) Do attacking troops need Defence, and do defending troops need Attack? In other words is Defence useful when attacking, and Attack useful when defending?

3) It is possible to put hero skill points into the efficiency of melee troops, and also the efficiency of elite troops. Does that mean that if your elite troops use melee weapons they get a bonus from each? (Obviously the same for ranged/mounted).

4) Does increasing the efficiency of troops in hero skills/library, give a bonus to all three of their stats? ie +2% Attack, +2% Defence and +2% Damage?

That's all for now Happy
liked this
disliked this
10-Mar 2018 22:16 #2
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: Troop improvement questions
1) Each point in Attack, Defence, and Damage researched for Scouts will increase their survivability when they are scouting other players or (and especially) neutral Map Objects. Will come in very handy on later levels when there are a lot of troops to scout.

2) Yes and yes. Everything counts, but as you can see (hehe, having a degree in maths, sorry for teasing, promise last time! LOL ) adding % to 40 is less efficient than adding the same % to 65 (if we look at the Pikeman for example). On the other hand, there are "limits" when using very high attack vs very low defense and other way around.

3) Hmm... not sure what you mean exactly - there is a skill, "Close Combat", it will increase efficiency of Infantry troops and it's available for all Town Classes, there are no Melee class in Undecima Rolling Eyes and upgrades are working for troop types/classes, not for particular weapons they can hide in the folds of their robes Happy

The "Insight" is another skill that will improve efficiency of Elite troops, again it's available for all Town Classes, but they will not benefit from any other upgrades for other troop types (think of Dragons - they don't have any weapons at all Shocked )

4) If I remember correctly, it should be for all 4 stats Attack, Defense, Damage, and Hitpoints.

Cool
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
11-Mar 2018 00:44 #3
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
2) My current faction is Magic, and I notice that currently on level 1, adding more damage doesn't help me win battles any more efficiently. It looks like on this level I am probably killing all of the enemy within the first round of combat. I suspect my damage bonuses will come in useful later...

3) Yeah I kind of think of melee and infantry as almost the same, and use the terms inaccurately in terms of this game. Sorry for any confusion.

I was referring to troops like the Wyvern Master being mounted. The magic faction doesn't have a mounted skill, but if it did, then from what you are saying the Wyvern Masters wouldn't benefit from it.

I suppose what I really need to know is the rough algorithm for how combat works... Teasing

liked this
disliked this
11-Mar 2018 01:14 #4
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
2) Yes likely. Excessive damaged is capped. To reach a better efficiency, try using troops that are strong against particular opponents. For example, if you are to fight Ranged and Mounted troops, try reducing the number of Axemen you send as though they are attackers, they are not very efficient against neither Ranged or Mounted troops. Instead send Horsemen and Wyvern - You can use Battle Calculator for estimation and it show the expected Score you're going to get Wink Just keep in mind, that being efficient may not be cheap sometimes Happy

3) Town Classes that have two of a kind in their Class troops (e.g. Mounted for Magic), don't have Commander skill to improve this type of troops to avoid total OP-ing (my son taught me this gamers term, it's total overpowering LOL )

As for the formula, I'll have to dig it out and put it in some semantic form - I'll do it at some point Wink
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
Temporary liked this
disliked this
11-Mar 2018 01:31 #5
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
"Originally Posted by ForumAdmin"
3) Town Classes that have two of a kind in their Class troops (e.g. Mounted for Magic), don't have Commander skill to improve this type of troops to avoid total OP-ing (my son taught me this gamers term, it's total overpowering LOL )

Ah, this is effectively what I was asking in the first place! So you are saying, for instance, that Mages benefit from both Range Combat and Insight? This is what I was trying to ask, but probably not doing a very good job of it!

How old is your son? I've heard the term OP many times before, but never OPing - maybe it's a new thing Happy

"Originally Posted by ForumAdmin"
As for the formula, I'll have to dig it out and put it in some semantic form - I'll do it at some point Wink

Yes that would be great, whenever you have time. You could probably cut out an extra hour of sleep to write up something detailed Happy
liked this
disliked this
11-Mar 2018 03:55 #6
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
No, no, sorry, more confusion Shocked

Mages will benefit ONLY from Ranged Combat as they are ranged (not elite).
Dragons will benefit ONLY from Insight, not from anything else.

And since Magic class has two class-specific Mounted units (Sentinels and Wyvern Masters), their Commanders don't have a skill to improve it. The same way as Might Commanders, for example, don't have a skill for Ranged troops. The logic is a bit reversed, but there is some, mostly to avoid OP-ing Happy

I have a range of sons from 7 to 25 and frankly, I don't remember which one I heard it from first Rolling Eyes In fact, I think I've heard OP, but it didn't take much time for my creative mind to add the -ing to it LOL

It's 3:54 am here - not sure how much I cut out more Snooze

liked this
disliked this
11-Mar 2018 04:15 #7
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Okay thanks for your replies. It has been useful, as I have now untrained Insight since I was mistakenly under the impression they were Elite troops!

Get some sleep Teasing
liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
1 ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.