GO
1 2 » Last
10-Mar 2018 02:19 #1
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Undecima Hosting - 2
Sharing my plans about hosting for Undecima and what it will mean for all of us Happy

At the moment according to a few sources and from what I can see myself, Undecima runs fine, pages are loading fast enough, and the server in general is OK as well. Regardless, before calling for more people, I think we have to upgrade and I'd like to double-up the power. Doing it with my current host, will be quite [or better say, very] pricey. So that's what I'm going to do:

- I have bought already today one month of hosting on Mochahost for the specs I like (4 vCPU, 8 Gib of RAM, 250 Gb HDD, etc – about the double of we have now and about $800 cheaper for 2 years than to get about the same specs here). I'm waiting at the moment for them to prepare the server. Then I will install and configure everything there and when it's all ready, I'll shut down Undecima here, re-point it there and it will continue there in 24-48 hours (depending on how fast nameservers are going to propagate) from the point it was shut down here. If everything as they promise (and I hope it is), then we'll stay there and I'll extend my contract for a year or two.

- If it's not going to work for whatever reason during this month (not high enough uptime, issues with support, etc.) and if I don't discover anyone else to try, I'll switch back to Hostwinds (our current host provider), but for a better server and following the same scheme as now (getting first everything ready, and then switching).

- So, what it means – for me, the sooner I find a good and affordable host, the sooner I will start developing again and adding new and interesting features to the game. For all players, you will experience one or more periods of transitions, which I will try to make as fast and painless as possible.

- One important thing – doesn't matter what happens with hosts and how many I'm going to go through, every time, all progress will be saved, there will be no reset and whatever you're doing in the Game now, is not going to be wasted Happy

Cool
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
13-Mar 2018 02:03 #2
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: Undecima Hosting - 2
I think (or better hope) that I finally settle my mind on the course of actions Happy

As I mentioned before, I have purchased a service from Mochahost, tried a bit with them (like installing almost everything for Undecima), ran into a few issues and can say that are OK-ish, but not that good. As it would make sense to sign with them only for a very long time (2 to 3 years), I don't think I want to risk it.

I have tried also to negotiate a better price with my current host (Hostwinds), and though my essay was very nice and full of compliments and reason, it didn't work Sorry . Yet, I fished out of them a piece of useful information – usually on Black Fridays, they have a killer of a special on most of their services (something like 70% off).

So, I have already purchased another service with Hostwinds for a bit better server (about 1.5 times more powerful then what we have now) for three months. It's unmanaged but I feel like I should know by this time everything I need to know to maintain the server on my own for some time. If everything goes well, I will extend this service for another 6 months (until late November Wink ) and then hunt for this super-duper special deal for even a better and managed server Angry Go Crazy

That means that we'll have to shut down Undecima for about 2 days in about 2-3 days (after I finish setting up a new server and installing and configuring everything). I will post an announcement about a day before on this forum, in the game news, and on Facebook as well. During this shut down period, you should see the game is stopped for Maintenance message (or may be sometimes even Page not Found silly thing).

That's all for now

Cool
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
13-Mar 2018 06:35 #3
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Exciting stuff. It will be good when you feel confident about the server and can draw in more new players.
liked this
disliked this
14-Mar 2018 22:06 #4
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Undecima going offline tomorrow at around 23:59 (Undecima Time) for about 2-3 days to move to a new (and more powerful) server. You can check Facebook for updates while the game is offline.

Cool
liked this
disliked this
15-Mar 2018 22:47 #5
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
I have 2 attacks which hit at 23:36 and 23:41, will they still work properly? Including bringing home loot?
Last Edited: 22:47 15-Mar-18 by Fysh
liked this
disliked this
15-Mar 2018 23:05 #6
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
They will be paused while Schedule Maintenance is running (from 23:30 to 23:45), so the first one will be completed at 23:51, and the other one at 23:56. They will return back only after transition to a new server is completed Happy
liked this
disliked this
15-Mar 2018 23:12 #7
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Excellent! I'm hoping to get around 2600 experience from the first attack! Go Crazy
liked this
disliked this
16-Mar 2018 01:39 #8
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Transition is completed it was fast and smooth and Undecima will be back online earlier than expected - on 16-Mar-2018 23:58 (Undecima Time - UTC+12).

DNS propagating is a tricksy business and may not spread evenly enough for all countries. If you can see this forum and reading this message then everything is good for you Happy

Cool
liked this
disliked this
16-Mar 2018 22:15 #9
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
I can access this forum but not the main undecima.com site.
liked this
disliked this
16-Mar 2018 22:18 #10
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Hmm... very strange as this forum is a sub-domain of undecima.com Shocked what do you see there? Maybe try clearing cache or Ctrl + F5? I can see both forum and the game from my server (located in the US) and i checked online DNS-checkers and they all showing that it's been propagated around the world, but I still don't see anything from my home.

liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 2 Page(s)
GO
1 2 » Last ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.