User Name: Password: Register
Undecima Forum News & Announcements News & Updates Discussion Thread for all new Changes to Undecima
Discussion Thread for all new Changes to Undecima
Topic:
Page 1 out of 2 Page(s)
GO
1 2 » Last
17-May 2016 04:56 #1
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Discussion Thread for all new Changes to Undecima
Feel free to ask questions in any particular thread for any particular change, but if it's something not fitting there, you can ask it here Wink
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
08-May 2017 15:00 #2
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Re: Discussion Thread for all new Changes to Undecima
One further thought on the combined attack idea. An NPC structure could have a number of attack slots which would be the maximum number of players that could work together to defeat a target, but it could be possible to defeat the target with fewer players.

Maybe the target has a specified number of troops, and when the attack happens, they are equally divided among all the attackers. Any special overseer would participate in each of the player battles. To win, each one of the attackers has to defeat their own portion. Players would be informed on the outcome of each section of the battle. Therefore the NPC structure could be defeated by 5 players with small armies, or 3 players with big armies, or even 2 players with huge armies. And as levels of difficulty increased on the higher level maps, so each player would need to be stronger to win overall.

Even if the team players failed to defeat the whole structure, maybe players who defeated their portion, would win some reward...
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
11-May 2017 05:57 #3
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Just thinking - it might be something like laying a siege, so the players will send their armies to this overpowered structure and they will hang around for some time waiting for other players to arrive. There will be a timer, something like 24 or 12 hours - mercenaries are expensive - likely triggered by the first battle group that arrived, and after this timer expires, all battlegroups that are currently there will commence the attack (at the same time and actual presence of participating players would not be necessary).

The strength of the structure likely will be calculated based on parameters of other structures, but taking into account that multiple players are going to attack.

Another perk to enforce a coop- for this feature is to limit the troops power that one player can send, then say it will be still possible to defeat this structure with three players, if they are well developed, with 5 average players, and almost impossible to do it along.

As for "partial winning", sorry, but no siree Wink you either defeat them all, or lose the battle Shocked

Well Done
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
11-May 2017 09:01 #4
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
We are on the same wavelength. Glad you like the concept. I think it could be really awesome. The rest is just details... and a bit of coding... Happy
liked this
disliked this
15-May 2017 04:39 #5
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Shocked
"Originally Posted by Fysh"
... and a bit of coding... Happy

Cool
liked this
disliked this
08-Jun 2017 04:35 #6
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
I had some further ideas on this, but it's taken me some time to put them here.

ACTIVATION TIMER
I think your idea of a 12h timer is really good. 24h seems way too long for your main army to be out of action. Perhaps when someone activates the timer, all other players on that level receive a message so that they can join in if they are already prepared?

LIMITATIONS
I also think there should be some limitations, so that people have to send an army above a certain size to stop people deliberately sabotaging the attempt by sending only a handful of troops. I think a hero should also be mandatory.

RANKING
At the end of the battle, the involved attackers could be ranked, possibly on their remaining attack force. It then becomes important, not just how many troops you sent, but the types of troops you sent. Ideally you want to send the correct types to take advantage of the enemy's weaknesses. The results of the battles/ranking would be reported to the players so they could see where they were ranked. If players could also see the battle reports of other participants it would be really good for the new players to see how the more experienced players made up their armies. This information should not really be secret, because effectively the armies are all working together, and are really only attacking from different sides of the battlefield. It makes sense they can see what is happening.

LOOT
There would be a base loot value, based on the number of participants. eg. 20,000 gold would be 4000 each with 5 participants, 10,000 each with 2 participants. On top of this there could be a ranking bonus based on the number of participants and the position achieved:

2: 1st - base +20%, 2nd - base -20%
3: 1st - base +20%, 2nd - base, 3rd base -20%
4: 1st - base +20%, 2nd - base +10%, 3rd - base -10%, 4th - base -20%
5: 1st - base +20%, 2nd - base +10%, 3rd - base, 4th base -10%, 5th - base -20%

ACHIEVEMENTS
You are the King of making achievements, but there could be achievements for each individual structure, as well as achievements for all cooperative battles.
eg. Rat Nest gold would be achieved if you won the battle with only 2 participants. Winning with 4 participants, would only get you bronze.

THE CROWN
The final battle for the Crown could just be a cooperative battle based on these rules. This meets your criteria of needing more than one player at the end, but crucially it means that no one has to sacrifice their army, so that the other player can take the Crown. Also, there would be no need for any forced pvp. The winner of the Crown would be the player with the best rank on the final battle. This would also mean that even if there were 2-3 players well ahead of the others, anyone who made it onto the last level, would have a shot at winning too, just by joining in for the final battle. And it also means, that players who have been used to taking part in cooperative battles throughout the game, are not suddenly forced to attack each other. It would give more of a sense of comradeship, especially if the other ranked players achieved some reward for coming 2nd, 3rd , etc
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
08-Jun 2017 06:40 #7
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Well, done - very nice thoughts - I was indeed thinking to use this strategy for capturing the Crown to avoid sacrificing. It will be still a loss for other players - you can get some rewards for helping to capture the crown - but when it's captured, and you're not the Crown Holder, you are losing the Game and the only way to avoid it is to capture it from a player who had a better ratio in casualties. But still, it's better than just sacrificing.

As I mentioned before, there will be a new feature called a Soul Mate (the next step after an alliance) and you can have only one Soul Mate in the game. This person will be listed along with a winner as a co-winner of the game and will get the same bonus for winning the game.

Unless… we list all people, who helped/supported capturing the Crown somewhere under the winners. But there can be 20 of them – will have to put a limitation on max number of co-attackers, otherwise it will be too easy to capture, like between 1 and maximum 5 players. Making 1 winner + presumable his/her Soul Mate + 3 supporters. BUT these supporters will be counted only if the initial capture leads to the victory, if the crown was captured and re-captured later, than no bonus, no reward. Unless… It’s been returned back to Undecima Town and then it all starts all over again LOL Still some space for thinking

The main concern for me is the implementation as all battle mechanics are done now for 1 attacker and adding an extra 1 or more will involve changes for a whole lot of procedures and processes and my developing efficiency at the moment is not very efficient Sad

Thanks again Well Done
liked this
disliked this
08-Jun 2017 09:34 #8
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Well, the battle code shouldn't need to change very much. At the time when the cooperative battle needs to be calculated, you just create 5 (or however many) battle instances, and then calculate them one at a time, as though they were entirely separate battles.

I would think that a big part of the work would be displaying the results to the players - especially if you allow them to see the other people's battle reports - you will somehow have to link them, or use separate tabs? I don't know much about web development, most of my development was for standalone PC, although I did code online game using Java, and earlier this year made a Google Play app for a simple puzzle game. I made (Solid Logic)
Last Edited: 09:35 08-Jun-17 by Fysh
liked this
disliked this
10-Jun 2017 06:45 #9
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
It always looks easier from outside Wink there are about 5 or 6 stored procedures (I can see you're a developer, nice, so a bit of techno-talk is fine, right? Wink ) that are preparing battle groups for the actual battle. Proportionally splitting them, applying all bonuses that can be applied beforehand or only after you know who your opponent is (e.g. bonus vs particular unit type) etc. Then there is a huge procedure for after-math, processing all possibilities and outcomes. It's doable of course, just will have to make sure that everything computes fine and runs smoothly. I have to say that I haven't thought how it will be presented later... Shocked

I'll have a go at your game Wink looks like need a bit of deduction to win it.

My next global stage would be doing a mobile app to port Undecima as it's not very nice on the phone, playable, but not as nice as in a browser on PC.

Cool
liked this
disliked this
11-Jun 2017 04:40 #10
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
I coded Solid Logic just for something to do. As a puzzle game it's okay for a few hours diversion, but it's nothing amazing. It was my first project using Unity. And I think a big problem is the type of games I enjoy are bit nerdy, and a bit mathematical, and don't have mass appeal, and I could never make a game which I didn't enjoy playing myself.

I used to work as a developer, but I am a disabled person, and my condition deteriorates over time, so I stopped working about 11 years ago. Now I have incredibly weak muscles (almost read paralysed), so that I can hardly move my arms. I can no longer use a keyboard, so do most things through the mouse or use voice recognition software to write stuff like this.

To code I have to use the on-screen keyboard on a second monitor, which is a bit of a pain, but not as bad as it sounds, with a decent dev environment. Gradually I find it harder to use the mouse too, and it can sometimes wear me out just by playing some games.

I have considered volunteering to see if you would like any help with development, because I do probably have a lot more free time than you do, but as I said, I don't know much about web development, and when I made my online game, I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to be involved - as it was my baby, and it's a big risk to share source code with another person.

And then there's the issue of it getting harder for me to use the mouse. And also I tend to get distracted with other stuff, and tend to go through phases of being obsessed with one thing or another (like your game for a while), so I didn't even suggest the idea..

But I know how hard it is creating something like Undecima by yourself. It's a massive undertaking, with no guarantee of success, and requires a big investment of both time and money. So I have a natural interest in the success of your project, as well as the fact that I did enjoy playing it for a while - and with a few tweaks, I think you could have something really good.
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 2 Page(s)
GO
1 2 » Last ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.