GO
First « 1 2
05-Oct 2016 06:53 #11
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: Military Reform
A rather minor change, but might be worth mentioning... When attacking neutral Map Objects, there was a required minimum troops power for your Troops. This number was fixed and mostly relavent for capturing Altars. It didn't quite make sense for higher levels and I added a Level Multiplier. So, on the higher levels, it will require you to send more Troops than it was before Wink
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
06-Oct 2016 06:47 #12
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Another change related to recently introduced Mercenaries activity Happy

When attacking a Town, there was a check for Troops Power for every Battlegroup before laying Siege and if there is not enough, there is no Siege. The check is still there but as we have now a rather big number of Mercenaries coming to visit Players' Towns and they are not very strong, especially on the lower levels, there is a little change...

All Mercenaries attacking Towns will have at least one round of Siege (the first one), after that, it will depend on their troops power.

Well Done

If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
14-Nov 2016 03:19 #13
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Yet another long-requested and awaited change, which I call "Physically Fit Scouts" LOL

Now all scouts will benefit from their Blacksmtih and Library upgrades not only in military terms, but when scouting as well. Not delwing into the numbers, just saying that more upgrades you have, less scouts you're going to lose when scouting Towns of other Players, neutral Map Objects, or any incoming Troops.

The Interception Efficiency in your Garrison will be affected on the backend as well, so you will intercept more enemy scouts. If both you and your enemy have the same number of upgrades, then positive and negative bonuses will negate each other.

Well Done
liked this
disliked this
04-Dec 2016 13:32 #14
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
The new mechanics for defending against Soul Gem/Artefact retaliation attacks seem quite interesting. I am happy to see anything that makes choosing a defensive class a valid strategy choice. Previously the whole game was totally skewed towards the offensive classes.

I always liked the whole counter-attack mechanism, but I still have concerns that Retaliation counter-attacks will still mean that the best strategy will still be to always go all out offence. Since numbers matter, why would anyone choose to split their forces between offence/defense, when they can just pile everything into offence, and just attack any incoming armies?

Obviously a defender has the advantage of a defense bonus from the wall, but likely a straight up counter-attacker can field a much more massive force to annihilate any incoming. It will need careful balancing...
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
05-Dec 2016 03:40 #15
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Nice to see you, Mr Fysh Happy

Playing offensive will require better "game presence" as missing just one incoming attack can easily push your development back a few days in rebuilding your troops, regenerating resources (as mercenaries will steal it), repairing your walls, etc.

Playing defensive will benefit most slow(er)-paced players. Defending against neutrals will not be very hard, especially on lower levels, but even a small offensive force will do a lot of damage to other offensive troops that will try to defend Happy

And by the way, there will be another upgrade in the game that will make selecting a class not that critical, but that’s a different story Wink

Cool

liked this
disliked this
05-Dec 2016 04:15 #16
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
"Originally Posted by ForumAdmin"
And by the way, there will be another upgrade in the game that will make selecting a class not that critical, but that’s a different story Wink

Interesting. I do like some kind of a class split though. It's good that each class has different capabilities that make them unique.

Allowing the player to switch classes at the cost of several days development (permanent cost of 1 soul gem per game level?) might be helpful so that players don't end up stuck with a choice that doesn't suit their playstyle. Or the change could be slightly less expensive, but have a long cooldown of a couple of weeks to stop abuse...
liked this
disliked this
05-Dec 2016 05:37 #17
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
You are close Happy , I'm currently working on this upgrade and it will take a while to finish, but I'll post something some time later when I have all mechanics worked out Wink
liked this
disliked this
Page 2 out of 2 Page(s)
GO
First « 1 2 ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.