GO
1 2 » Last
17-May 2016 04:20 #1
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Military Reform
There was a lot of talk about Military Reform and now it's the first change that is coming. The following changes will be applied:

- Bastions will have now mostly Food and a bit of Gold

- Dungeons will have now mostly Gold and a bit of Food

- There will be four types of troops in Bastions:
* Marksman (Ranged)
* Swordsman (Infantry)
* Cavalryman (Mounted)
* Overlords (Elite)

- There will be four types of troops in Dungeons:
* Thugs (Infantry)
* Raiders (Mounted)
* Brigands (Ranged)
* Dungeon Masters (Elite)

- All guards in Bastions and Dungeons will consist of random combination of any non-elite troops with Overlords carrying (protecting) Soul Gems and Dungeons Masters carrying (protecting) Artifacts.

- More to come Wink
Last Edited: 04:58 17-May-16 by ForumAdmin
Reason for Editing: typo
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
20-May 2016 04:03 #2
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: Military Reform
The first change Happy

Guards are the units that probably suffered the most in all Undecima wars. The Halberd apparently didn't work well enough, let's see if they are going to have a better luck with shields and crossbows Wink

If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
20-May 2016 07:38 #3
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
But wait, there is more! Some of the Guards grew moustaches, acquired shields and mounted horses Big Grin

liked this
disliked this
21-May 2016 05:20 #4
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Brigands now are purely ranged units and don't want to mess with close combat LOL

Last Edited: 05:21 21-May-16 by ForumAdmin
liked this
disliked this
23-May 2016 06:35 #5
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
... And if somebody is wondering where the Brigand's swords go - here they are, and now but by the look of it are even more dangerous Big Grin

liked this
disliked this
30-May 2016 01:09 #6
Avalugg
Gladiator

User
Active
I just wanted to let you know that the changes look good, well done so far keep up the good work. Can't wait for the game to be online again. Go Crazy
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
30-May 2016 06:31 #7
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Thanks Well Done
liked this
disliked this
14-Sep 2016 05:43 #8
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
I call this change "Empire Strikes Back" LOL

And here how it works:

Starting from Map Level 2 whenever you capture a Soul Gem or an Artifact from a Bastion or a Dungeon, there will be a chance for a Retaliation Attack. This Retaliation will be made of random offensive Mercenaries, including Chieftains.

The chance of retaliation initially is 50% and with each Soul Gem or Artifact captured (not related to each other), the chance of Retaliation will grow by 10%, making 100% after 5 successful attacks.

The strength (Troop Power) of retaliation attack will depend on the strength (Troops Power) of the troops that were defeated while capturing this Soul Gem or Artifact. Initially it will be 60% of the Troops Power of defeated guards and it will grow by 5% with each Map Level.

Retaliation Attacks will happen within 2 to 4 hours after your capture a Soul Gem or an Artifact. If you have a height-enough-level Watchtower, you can detect this incoming attack and will see it on your Troop Manoeuvres screen.

Mercenaries will be equipped with Rams and Catapults and as such their speed will be very slow, so you should have enough time to prepare your defences. You can counter-attack Retaliation attacks, defend in your Town, or try dodging it. In the latter case, Mercenaries will do some damage to your defensive structure. If they can (depending on your Keep Level), they will try capturing a Soul Gem or an Artifact.

You cannot Intercept them after attack as they are just getting disbanded.

I think this change will add quite a bit of an edge to the game as even on lower levels you will need to think about defences and value of defensive troops will undoubtedly grow. On the high levels, on the other hand, it will be quite a challenge as retaliation will be just as strong as the troops that you will have defeated.

There will be an introductory message to all players when they advance to Map Level 2 explaining this change (and some others).

Here is a screenshot of the incoming Mercenaries:

Cool
Avalugg liked this
disliked this
18-Sep 2016 06:16 #9
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Templars - the end of Crusade...

Templars were probably the most harassed units in the game and likely suffered the most while players were capturing altars or were boosting their Morale. Well, not anymore. Templars are now Elite units - period.

As a result, they had a boost in their attributes and only Heroes, in particular, will have an advantage against them (as against any other Elite unit).

There will be less of them of course in numbers, but in terms of Troops Power, it will be aligned with other Map Objects.

liked this
disliked this
21-Sep 2016 05:31 #10
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
A long requested change for Chieftains. The are still Elite Mercenary troops both efficient in Attack and Defense. The problem was that as they are Elite troops, they required Soul Gems for hiring and if you can train your own Town Elite troops, then likely you'd rather do this, and then cannot hire Mercenaries...

Not anymore! Cool
Chieftains still require Soul Gems for hiring, BUT now Town Elite Troops and Mercenary Elite Troops (i.e Chieftains) learnt how to share and allocation of Soul Gems is now independent for Town Troops and Mercenaries.

Meaning, that if you have 10 Soul Gems and you have trained 1 Hero (which requires 4 Soul Gems to train), you still can hire 10 Chieftains (which requires 1 Soul Gem each), and still can train 1 more Hero.

Well Done

liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 2 Page(s)
GO
1 2 » Last ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.