Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
18-Jun 2018 01:54 #1
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Neutral Troops - Nerf or Buff
I have been working on setting up a handicap for players going for Legendary ranks and discovered one inconsistency that I omitted earlier. All most of you know, all neutral troops are getting stronger with each level, but what I noticed, mercenaries are getting stronger with a much higher degree than other neutral troops, who defend Bastions and Stockades. As such, by the time you get to the last level, Mercenaries are going to be roughly almost as twice as strong as other neutral troops.

I have initially set it up this way as Mercenaries were available only for hire by players and it was before retaliation attacks or Stockades and it was sort of understandable as you can get only a certain number of Mercenaries to defeat much larger numbers of neutral troops. But now it doesn't make sense and I'm debating, which way to take to adjust it. We have several ways to go:

1) Nurf Mercenaries to the level of other Map Object defenders.
Pros: Will be easier to defend against retaliations and defeat Stockades
Cons: Your Mercenaries will be weaker.

2) Buff other Map Object defenders.
Pros: Probably only consistency, but that's sort of important.
Cons: Will be much harder to defeat defenders in Bastions and Dungeons, specially on higher levels (not talking about Undecima Town – that will be a lot harder).

3) Leave as is.
Pros: No changes, no surprises.
Cons: Inconsistency and as stated earlier, it is at the moment more difficult to defeat guards in Stockades than in Bastions and Dungeons on higher levels.

I really don't like #3 as there will be more applications for neutral troops later and it would be much better to have it all consistent and aligned. At the moment, my preference would be nurf the Mercenaries. It will make it harder to defeat Bastions and Dungeons, but buffing other troops, would make it even harder.

You are welcome to share your opinions before I do any changes (which I'm going to do next couple of days).
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
18-Jun 2018 02:08 #2
Sesame
Rogue

User
Active
Re: Neutral Troops - Nerf or Buff
I don't know. But from my experience I don't feel like mercenaries are particularly strong. Rolling Eyes
Anything other than 2 is OK. I already had some difficulty with the last few levels, and I don't like the idea of relying much on mercenaries.
liked this
disliked this
18-Jun 2018 02:46 #3
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
I didn't have any problem defending against the mercenary attacks on the higher levels.

Mercenaries being stronger is not really a bad thing, because they take a lot more work to set up and use. We also defeated Undecima City without using any mercenaries at all.

I'm kind of biased towards leaving it as it is, as it strengthens Nature for attacking purposes, and gives Might a chance to get some decent defenders relatively quickly if needed.
liked this
disliked this
18-Jun 2018 03:17 #4
Sesame
Rogue

User
Active
Sometimes when I didn't go to the calculator and just sent roughly the amount to attack, I could get my Commander killed. I think it happened twice. And another time I sent my Paladins instead of Inquisitor! Go Crazy

Without knowing your future plan, I also think that 3) is agreeable because, mainly, Stockades are special due to their possibilities. They can be modified to have greater loots in return as well.
liked this
disliked this
18-Jun 2018 03:17 #5
requin
Ranger

User
Active
I don't find much difficulty with taking out any of the objectives once a day but the issue is that at the start of the day if you have weak troops you can take out 1 dungeon master then by then end of the day you can take out 2-4 dungeon masters. And mercenaries increase this issue as well.

Personally I'd like to see static-ish numbers for each level with different levels of rewards making them harder. It is just too easy to abuse low troop score at the start of the day then overload and have tons of troops later. It also discourages having def troops.

So number 2 I guess?
Last Edited: 03:18 18-Jun-18 by requin
liked this
disliked this
19-Jun 2018 02:40 #6
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Hehe, three people, three opinions - great job Well Done

I have run some intensive tests/calculations and can say that in general, Mercenaries (without Commander's support) are weaker than Bastion and Dungeon troops. Without Elite troops and while having a better Level bonus, they are getting even only around Map Level 7 and if we add proportionally Chieftains and one Overlord or Dungeon Master, they will not have a chance without Commander's support. With Commanders, they are quite good.

As such, after all I'm going to keep it as is LOL

Another argument for not nerfing Mercenaries or buffing Dungeon and Bastion defenders is that in the future, active players will have opportunity (or better say more motivation) to do more fighting and will lose troops faster.

As for static numbers - there are already "default" values and troops power would not drop below a certain level.

Thank you for your contribution, guys Happy

Thank You
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
1 ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.