Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
29-Apr 2018 21:08 #1
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Soulmate proximity
I think soulmates are currently placed too close to each other. I know the idea is mutual defence, but having towns too close makes for unwanted competition for Altars, artifacts, and especially Mercenary camps.

In the past I have usually been placed around 25 squares away from my nearest neighbour - I think that would be an ideal distance for soulmates. Currently on level 7 we are about 13 squares apart, and I could see that it could potentially cause problems for active players who both use mercenaries.
liked this
disliked this
29-Apr 2018 22:32 #2
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: Soulmate proximity
Hmm... Yes, I was thinking about it, but 25 might be not close enough for emergencies, especially on lower levels with higher population density. Your location is actually not that "bad" - the closest can be in the neighbouring Cells. But for 25 fields, it will take 2.5 hours for your archers (slow defensive unit) to arrive to the destination.

I thought of it for a while and I have an idea, but it will take some tinkering. I will log a ticket for a later review of this issue.

Thank You
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
29-Apr 2018 22:38 #3
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Don't forget, the main danger in people attacking you, is when they are using rams and catapults, trying to steal artifacts and soul gems. Defenders don't need to use rams or catapults, so they can cover the same distance much quicker.

Also the attacker has to configure his commander with artifacts and skills to help them win the battle. The defender's ally can configure a commander for speed, to get there much quicker.
liked this
disliked this
29-Apr 2018 23:19 #4
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Yes, agree. The idea now materialized in the following scenario:

If you have a Soul Mate on the next level, you will have an option to select minumum Map Cells (5x5 area) to your Soul Mate before activating your Soul Orb. The options will be between 1 (~5 fields) and 5 (~25 fields). You won't need to select anything, it will use some default distance (say 3 Map Cells). If you do, it will be saved in your preferences and used by default for your next Map Transition.

Well Done
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
Fysh liked this
disliked this
29-Apr 2018 23:54 #5
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Great idea! Choice is always good. Well Done
liked this
disliked this
10-May 2018 23:24 #6
Sesame
Rogue

User
Active
You got my Jade Spear, didn't you. Sad
liked this
disliked this
11-May 2018 01:04 #7
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
"Originally Posted by Sesame"
You got my Jade Spear, didn't you. Sad

Well I got a Jade Spear from a mean looking Dungeon Master .. I didn't see your one - where did you lose it?! LOL
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
11-May 2018 02:53 #8
Sesame
Rogue

User
Active
Well, you see I sent my emissary to the Dungeon to seek a peaceful union since The Great Sesame did not want to see any needless bloodshed, be it friend of foe, worthy or vile. The Dungeon Master, Sir Dunham, was deeply impressed by the elegance and graciousness of the visiting gentleman, and, wondering if a place filled with such noble figures could truly exist, was impatient to surrender his Artifact as a token of peace and submission. He was, however, detained by a broken leg, so he agreed to hand over the Spear whenever the Sesame's men should come and would carry it himself no later than his leg was fully healed.

Now that Sir Dunham was overcome unexpectedly, fighting valiantly despite his handicap, we shall lament him, remember him, and bury him in the land of Sesame, where his last wishes would come true. Sorry

Cool LOL
ForumAdmin, Fysh liked this
disliked this
11-May 2018 21:30 #9
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
It seems then, I am to be the bearer of bad news. I sent a detachment of rogue mercenaries to meet with Sir Dunham. I had heard much about this Jade Spear, and wanted to see it for myself. I did not trust the rogues, so sent my most loyal contingent of Dragons to watch over them.

A vast horde of Sir Dunham's thugs, raiders and brigands met with my army outside the Great Entranceway. Sir Dunham himself was among them, ringed with personal guard. He seemed to have some kind of leg injury, but cautiously hobbled forward, holding his great Jade Spear aloft. It was almost as if he was expecting to hand it over, freely.

At that point, he was frazzled to a crisp. And then eaten. Whole. Unfortunately, my most loyal contingent of Dragons, also happen to be my largest and hungriest Dragons. There is, alas, nothing left of Sir Dunham to bury.

The chaos that ensued was not pretty to see, but my scouts provided a detailed report which I have attached below. I examined the Jade Spear, but sadly I have to inform you that it was a cheap reproduction.

ForumAdmin, Sesame liked this
disliked this
12-May 2018 01:18 #10
Sesame
Rogue

User
Active
Undecima historians, "In addition to its implication to territorial tensions, Sir Dunham incident also illustrated significant cultural differences between Faith and Magic...
ForumAdmin, Fysh liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
1 ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.