Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
25-Apr 2018 00:18 #1
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Bubble of Chronos
I'm currently working on a new feature - Bubble of Chronos.

The Bubble of Chronos will provide you protection from other players (i.e. a pure PvE experience). It's a paid feature, so might not be that popular Rolling Eyes But if someone wants to play uninterrupted and has some cache to spare, there will be an option Wink

A few things to mention - it will be pretty smart, so you will still use all normal protections (e.g. Post- or Pre-Transit, etc.) and the Bubble of Chronos protection will activate or deactivate itself only when you're unprotected, so a one week protection can last 10 days or even longer.

It will protect ONLY from other players, NPC (neutral) troops will still attack your Town when they need to attack it Shocked

There is the same restriction of not attacking or scouting other players that will expire your current protection and your Bubble of Chronos protection even if it was not active at this moment (e.g. if you scout somebody while in Post-Transit state, and your Bubble of Chronos protection is currently not active, both of your protection will be cancelled).

Also, it will get deactivated as soon as you capture the Crown - so to claim the victory you will have to do some PvP if necessary Wink

The "Full Protection" - the last option - means that you will have the Bubble of Chronos until you win the Game Round. Doesn't matter how long it takes you, doesn't matter if anyone else wins a Round of Game or more, doesn't matter if you are jolted down for not capturing the Crown on time, it will protect you until you win

Cool

If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
25-Apr 2018 01:01 #2
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Re: Bubble of Chronos
What if you already have incoming attacks? What if your keep has already been reduced to level 1, and you have a siege attack due to hit you within a matter of minutes?
liked this
disliked this
25-Apr 2018 01:07 #3
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
I think it doesn't matter if it's going to hit you within minutes or within hours - it will save you, all attacks will be turned back and you will be under protection - just the same as purchasing any kind of protection from Temple of Chronos.

It will work the same if your enemy decides due to your high negotiating skills of for whatever reason to accept your peace treaty - any attacks will be cancelled and turned back. OR if out of sudden your troops return with the last missing Soul Gem and you get in the Transit state Wink
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
25-Apr 2018 01:18 #4
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Also, it says it is deactivated as soon as you capture the Crown - what if your soulmate captures the Crown? Are you able to reactivate it AFTER you have captured the Crown?
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
25-Apr 2018 01:27 #5
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
No, you can't activate it yourself at all - it will get activated as soon as your other protection expires automatically (with exception for your initial Crown Holder protection).

Oh, Soul Mates... I was thinking about it - still a bit unclear. But so far I have the following - if your Soul Mate doesn't have Bubble of Chronos protection and you do, you won't be able to reinforce him, but he would be able to reinforce you (as it would be only to defend against neutral troops). If you both have it, then you can reinforce each other of course.

In the case of the Crown - I think it will be the same for your Soul Mate, if you both or any of you have the Bubble of Chronos protection, it will be deactivated as soon as any of you capture the Crown. So, there will be no way, but to face your enemies for the last trial Happy

Thank you for pointing out, I had the Soul Mate scenario in my notes, but not the one with capturing the Crown.

Thank You
liked this
disliked this
25-Apr 2018 21:06 #6
dragonvir
Horse Archer

User
Active
i think bubbles of chronos are cool big time for pretetionHappy
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
03-May 2018 02:20 #7
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Just an update - you will be able to see this protection in the usual place as all protections (top right corner) and in your Ongoing Tasks, but only when it's Active. When it's Inactive, you can see how much time is remaining in your Keep.

Also, usually in the game, when one protection triggers, it replaces any other protection. Since Bubbles are ellastic ( LOL ), they will not pop unless you scout or attack any othe players. Meaning that you can purchase another Bubble, and it will be just pending and waiting for its turn. You can see it as well in your Keep. You can maximum have two Bubbles at the same time in any state and if you have Full Protection (which is shown as 365 days, but will renew automatically), you can't buy any more Bubbles.

Cool

A few more days now to adjust all triggering, activating, deactivating, etc.

liked this
disliked this
11-May 2018 02:12 #8
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
I'm almost done and will start rolling all changes tomorrow night.

It will be sort of "No Shutdown Maintenance" - i.e. the game might be unstable for 2-3 hours (hopefully not longer), but I don't want to shut it down completely for the full period it's going to take me to roll in all changes (and there are lot Rolling Eyes - more than I expected).

Another things is about Soul Mates with a Bubble or Chronos, Allies, and Crown Defense. It's still the same - the Crown Holder can't have any protection as well, but his/her Soul Mate can. Also you will be able to reinforce your Allies and Soul Mate while being in the Bubble. It might seem a bit unfair, but after considering it carefully, I found that you can have this scenario without any Bubbles and I decided not to spend more time on implementing these restrictions.

For example, if you capture the Crown and your Soul Mate gets to the last level about the same time, he/she will have usual Post-Transit protection for three days, and that's exactly for how long you need to protect the Crown. So, your Soul Mate will be able to send all his/her defensive troops during these three days without any risk of being attacked by other players. There are similar scenarios with reinforcing your Soul Mate or Allies on lower levels.

Well Done
liked this
disliked this
12-May 2018 02:45 #9
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
All works are done, tested and seems to be working fine.

Please refresh your browser cache with Ctrl + F5 or any other way suitable for your browser.

Well Done
Last Edited: 02:51 12-May-18 by ForumAdmin
liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
1 ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.