GO
First « 1 2 3
10-Apr 2018 20:05 #21
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Re: Mercenaries Should Die First
The concept is different enough from Altars, because these locations would be specifically designed to encourage pvp among those who want to participate. Distance could be an issue, because the attacks might take too long, but that's not necessarily a problem.

Maybe there could be a limit to the troop power of the troops that can garrison/attack Hill forts. For example, on level 1, it could be a limit of 500 troop power, perhaps increasing by 100 for each map level. Maybe troops sent to garrison a Hillfort can never be recalled, so once you have the limit there, someone else can scout and send the appropriate force which would depend very much on the type of troops used in the garrison. Perhaps you would not be able to counter-attack or intercept attacks on Hill forts?

If there was such a limit, and you could not recall troops, then you could make it so that troops garrisoned in Hill forts did not have to be maintained by the owning player. This way troop numbers would be fairly consistent with how they are now, and no one would greatly miss an attack going out of relatively low troop power, even if it took more than 24 hours. You could still get on with the rest of your game.

Just random ideas at the moment.
liked this
disliked this
10-Apr 2018 20:16 #22
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
And the effects could be totally different from altars. For instance, one Hill fort might provide the owner with a number of silver coins of Chronos per hour (depending on map level) - for instance, at level 1, it might be 2 silver coins of Chronos per hour...

Or there could be new creature types like Minotaurs or Griffins, that players could recruit and use (in limited numbers) if you own the relevant Hillfort. If you lost control of that Fort, then any creatures recruited would leave you (maybe completing any currently started attack first)
Last Edited: 20:17 10-Apr-18 by Fysh
liked this
disliked this
10-Apr 2018 21:53 #23
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
I was thinking about something similar, in particular coin-generators. If we have a limited number of them, the travelling time should be the same or similar for different players, the only way to achieve it (as I see it) is through teleportation (or other distance-equalizer), and as a result we get a bunch of mini-Undecima Towns. I ended up with Pillars of Power that will be on Level 10, I'll tell about them later, it's just an idea at the moment.

Thank you for your suggestions Wink

Well Done
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
10-Apr 2018 21:59 #24
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
It's great that you are already thinking about these types of things.

I have already gone off the idea of mythical beasts. I think whatever players fight over has to be something that benefits their current town, or their town class immediately. These things would be a lot of trouble to acquire and keep, so would need to be worth it in some way - even if it was a new kind of pvp currency/point system that you could accumulate, and spend...

Above all, I really like the idea of having players defend some type of structure which is separate from their town. It would give a real boost to the defensive classes.
liked this
disliked this
Page 3 out of 3 Page(s)
GO
First « 1 2 3 ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.