GO
1 2 3 » Last
08-Apr 2018 09:07 #1
Novo
Ghost

User
Active
Mercenaries Should Die First
Since time immemorial... mercenaries have always fought on the front lines, at the head of the charge, in the thick of it, well you get the point... The main reason behind purchasing mercenaries to attack with is so you don't have to sacrifice your own units. It's a cold cruel world and mercs are disposable pawns who we care little about. All that said... why is it that "my troops" are dying before the mercs when I include them in attacks?

This is unacceptable... the mercs should all die first and then after they're all dead my troops should "start" taking loses. Mercs take the biggest risks which is why they get paid the big bucks... don't belittle their gallant sacrifice by putting them behind the front lines. Angry

Edit: lol I just realized that I put Sentinels up there instead of Mages... well anyway I think I made my point...
Last Edited: 09:11 08-Apr-18 by Novo
liked this
disliked this
08-Apr 2018 12:44 #2
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: Mercenaries Should Die First
That's true, but only when they fought on their own. I have to say that it would be probably not likely to have Mercenaries in the same Unit with non-Mercenaries and Mercenaries would fight whereas non-Mercenaries would stand and watch. Doesn't sound right.

You can implement what you want by sending Mercenaries first - they will fight and scarifies themselves alright and then you can send your Town troops to finish your enemies. You can even just hire enough Mercenaries to fight and win only with Mercenaries and then add your Commander to lead them to get all buffs, that's been done and it works fine as one of the strategies.

Well Done

If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
08-Apr 2018 15:08 #3
Novo
Ghost

User
Active
Hiring enough mercenaries to do the job by themselves doesn't work because it's way too expensive and tedious to search through the camps looking for the right ones and waiting for them to get to your town... And like I said... if you send some mercenaries with your troops then your troops die while the mercs live.... something clearly needs to be tweaked ma man. I'm with you in that I'm not sure quite "what."

liked this
disliked this
08-Apr 2018 15:13 #4
Novo
Ghost

User
Active
While I'm on the subject.... I recently tried to use "only" mercenaries to attack another player and was astounded when a MASSIVE travel cost was implemented on top of the already high mercenary fee. I understand that when you send your troops long-range the upkeep goes up. But why does the upkeep of mercenaries also go up for long distances? You're already paying a lot of money for them.... that increase in upkeep pretty much kills all long-range usage of mercenaries to attack imo...
liked this
disliked this
08-Apr 2018 15:41 #5
Sesame
Rogue

User
Active
"Originally Posted by Novo"
Hiring enough mercenaries to do the job by themselves doesn't work because it's way too expensive and tedious to search through the camps looking for the right ones and waiting for them to get to your town

The salary is not too much a problem for me, but finding Attackers can at times be difficult. Usually one have 3-4 nearby Camps. My habit is to send out 3 Commanders at the same time, as I only have 3 non-combatants. Since one will need 2 full camps of Mercenaries, I have about 1/2 chance to get it in this first run; otherwise, I pull back the Defender ones and try the 4-th Camp. Only when all is ready would I hire them, all at once.
It is rather troublesome because you cannot always be so lucky and 2 Camps on their own would only last at most 2 battles. So, if you can train fast enough, I personally would advise against Mercenaries.

liked this
disliked this
08-Apr 2018 15:55 #6
Sesame
Rogue

User
Active
"Originally Posted by Novo"
While I'm on the subject.... I recently tried to use "only" mercenaries to attack another player and was astounded when a MASSIVE travel cost was implemented on top of the already high mercenary fee.

Haha, this was what I meant by

"Originally Posted by Sesame"

...to the weak player the plainest option to defend within wall is still open, and viable if he/she can manage to muster enough mercenaries and allies .

liked this
disliked this
08-Apr 2018 15:58 #7
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
The Long March extra charge is the same for everybody and it's 1.5 of usual Gold Upkeep. It's more noticeable with Mercenaries as their Gold Upkeep is significantly higher then Town Troops since you don't have to train them.

The Long March extras is one of many anti-farming and fair-game-playing techniques in Undecima and designed to keep stronger and weaker players apart. You still can attack anyone anywhere on the map, but at cost Wink

Town Troops do not die before Mercenaries, they die just at the same time as Mercenaries as everybody is fighting at the same time. Never say never, but I don't see it's changing anytime soon - I don't want to get in trouble with Mercenary Trade Union Shocked

On the other hand, Mercenary Camps - this one I do see changing soon enough Wink

Cool

If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
08-Apr 2018 23:57 #8
Novo
Ghost

User
Active
Long march doesn't protect weaker players... Attacking a strong player or a weak player with the same units at the same distance costs the same... You could argue that weaker players require less units to kill thus lower costs so really Long March only really hurts when you're attacking someone strong that you have to send a large force against. Sending a small force to wipe out a player with little to no units for example.... the Long March extra cost is negligible...

The only effective tactic this game has for anti-farming is the limit on attacks per day if the target has no troops/gems. But even that allows enough attacks per day to be crippling especially if you send siege... I don't disagree with the Long March extra charge.... I get it... but don't call it an anti-farming technique or fair-game technique... it's more of an anti-PVP technique as it hinders any and all long range attacks across the board regardless of the players relative strengths.

I would even go so far as to say PVP in general is tremendously discouraged in this game but I'm not really complaining about that and it's a topic for another day Teasing
Sesame liked this
disliked this
09-Apr 2018 00:27 #9
Sesame
Rogue

User
Active
Is there points for losers in PvP battles? Those died valiantly really deserve to be honoured. Thank You
Last Edited: 00:29 09-Apr-18 by Sesame
liked this
disliked this
09-Apr 2018 01:01 #10
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
I see it as anti-farming or fair-game feature as in general all PvP is about farming. If there is a player who is about the same strength as you are, even not far away from you, you'd probably refrain from attacking as in the case of defeat, it would be a devastating set-back. Stronger players usually attack weaker players, not the other way around and if it costs you a lot to send your troops to attack a weaker player, it may discourage you... or may not but it would make it economically not profitable (especially if you use siege weapons).

Besides, players of the same relative strength would be closer on the map as when your town is placed on the new level your score and the score of other players on this level is taken into account.

If you lose the battle, you lose the points, proportionally to your losses.

Well Done
liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 3 Page(s)
GO
1 2 3 » Last ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.