Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
31-Mar 2018 05:26 #1
Sonder
Scout

User
Active
Local Map Navigation
I made a list of all the ruins within 30 fields of my town to make exploring easier, it took a while to sort out repeats and find a good system to get all of them. I think map navigation can be made a lot easier with a fairly straightforward change.

No cell fractions, always show 3x3 cells.

If you're at 123:118 for example and go North the center becomes 123:111 which is 1 and 2/5 cells north and now you see 6 full cells and 6 partial cells. The bottom half (actually slightly over half which is the main issue) of the map being the top half of where you were previously.

My suggestion would be in that example that you'd instead go to 123:103 as the center which shows you 9 full cells directly north and none of the map you were previously on. So in whichever direction you go the center becomes the middle field of the next 3x3 cells in that direction. Now when you see what's one step N, NE and E of your town there's no overlapping between them.

Here's a quick image comparison

Current:

Suggested:

liked this
disliked this
31-Mar 2018 06:18 #2
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Re: Local Map Navigation
You can quickly see the area around your town with very little overlap by using the diagonal arrows only. If you look at the NW, NE, SE, and SW views you can quickly examine a 29 x 29 area. The only overlap are the lines containing your town.

It takes a long time to visit all of the ruins within this area each day. If I am going to be away from my PC for a long time (or overnight), I just pick a random ruin outside of this area. I am pretty active, and I seldom run out!
liked this
disliked this
31-Mar 2018 06:58 #3
Sonder
Scout

User
Active
"Originally Posted by Fysh"
You can quickly see the area around your town with very little overlap by using the diagonal arrows only. If you look at the NW, NE, SE, and SW views you can quickly examine a 29 x 29 area. The only overlap are the lines containing your town.

It takes a long time to visit all of the ruins within this area each day. If I am going to be away from my PC for a long time (or overnight), I just pick a random ruin outside of this area. I am pretty active, and I seldom run out!

I did that at first but I have only 7 ruins in that area which I can exhaust in just 3 hours of alt tabbing from time to time. Currently I'm on number 11 for today, that's why I made a list. Once I was done with the corners I had to go N-N, NE-NE, E-E, etc, add Wells to the mix and it was easy to forget which area was next for both.
liked this
disliked this
31-Mar 2018 07:01 #4
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Wow, you are very unlucky Sad
liked this
disliked this
31-Mar 2018 07:07 #5
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
My current area on level 4 has 13 ruins in my 29 x 29, and that is probably less than I had on previous levels. Once you get to level 2, you won't have to worry about wishing wells (there aren't any), so that saves a bit of hassle.

[Note: there are stockades instead, which you can get coins from, but you have to attack them like any other dungeon. It's better, because you get gold, food, and sometimes over 2g Chronos from a single stockade, and it's less of a chore]
Sonder liked this
disliked this
31-Mar 2018 13:23 #6
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
It took me sometime to figure out what you mean LOL

Ok, the idea of current Navigation is to have your Town always in the middle of the Map when you first get on the Local Map and since Towns may not be in the middle of the Map Cells, there will be fractioning.

The idea of overlapping when you navigate is to always have your Town for orientation on the Map when you click any arrow once. Otherwise, it may be too easy to lose your track where you were and where you are, specially if you switch screens.

I have in plans to do some kind of "smooth-navigating" Map, where you can hold and drag it, but have not idea yet how to do it or if it's feasable at all in this project environment. It may not efficient as well as you have to pre-load all information about all Map Objects in your surroundings to the radios of possible "dragging" - lots of thinking and research, that's for later.

On the hand, this suggestion gave me an idea how make it easier in a different way, I'll have to think it through though.

Thank you Happy
Well Done
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
Sonder liked this
disliked this
01-Apr 2018 19:22 #7
ReaverOf
Axeman

User
Active
Would it be easier maybe to allow people to get a bigger local map ? And I would LOOOOOOOOOVE to be able to save bookmarks for all the locations I use often like the ruins. Just to be able to save the coordinates, named them (Ruin 1, Ruin 2, ...) and attack from there. It's a bit tedious to note all coordinates on a .txt
liked this
disliked this
01-Apr 2018 21:26 #8
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
That was the idea that I got from this post Wink

As for a bigger local map - oomph, I was going to say - way too complicated (and it is), but it gave me another idea LOL - I'll think about it later Wink

Thank You

If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
02-Apr 2018 09:06 #9
Sonder
Scout

User
Active
Speaking of local map, another useful small thing would be a blue checkmark (like on ruins) on the dungeons/bastions in which you've looted everything that day.
liked this
disliked this
03-Apr 2018 00:23 #10
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Hmm... not as simple as Ruins or Wells as you need to track looting and it can be looted after you initially attacked it by somebody else. I'll think about it.

Thank You
liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
1 ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.