GO
First « 1 2
19-Mar 2018 22:15 #11
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: Faith or Nature?
If you could only imaging how much changes and work it would take to add a single extra unit to a Town Class - LOL

But what you said, triggered an interesting thought, and maybe not soon, but sometime later, this thought will develop into something that will make Nature as potent aggressor as Might or Magic Wink

Last Edited: 22:17 19-Mar-18 by ForumAdmin
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
19-Mar 2018 22:25 #12
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
No, I wasn't thinking of adding an extra unit. Shocked Just slightly tweaking the existing ones!
liked this
disliked this
19-Mar 2018 22:36 #13
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
I'm pleased if my suggestion triggered an idea which would make Nature more playable. Go Crazy

What do you think about changing the Nature and Faith elite units from +50% def to something like +30% off and +30% def? Elite troops are what you strive to produce. Their numbers are limited by game mechanics, and they take a long time to unlock. It just seems a shame that for Nature and Faith, these units are uselessly stuck at home 99.9% of the time. Sad
Last Edited: 22:37 19-Mar-18 by Fysh
liked this
disliked this
19-Mar 2018 22:45 #14
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Nah, that would be sort of defying the idea of pure defense vs pure offense, that should be something more original Wink but as I said, sometime later Happy
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
19-Mar 2018 22:52 #15
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
ok cool, I will eagerly wait and see! Snooze

I'm also hoping we can be attacked more often by NPC structures. Maybe that is to come on later levels, but it's been over two weeks, and I haven't had a single attack! AngryTeasing
liked this
disliked this
19-Mar 2018 22:58 #16
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Hmm... that's interesting. I'll have to look into it (after I finish rolling in Quartermaster) - from what I see, it should have been triggered at least once. Maybe a BUG Shocked
liked this
disliked this
19-Mar 2018 23:27 #17
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
"Originally Posted by ForumAdmin"
Nah, that would be sort of defying the idea of pure defense vs pure offense

Yes, but both Nature and Faith would still be more def orientated than Magic or Might; there would still be the spectrum from heavily offensive to mostly defensive... Does it really have to be pure defence?

Anyway, I'm expecting this little idea to borrow its way deep into your subconscious, and then in a day or two's time you will wake up in the middle of the night and realise it's a pretty good idea Big Grin
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
20-Mar 2018 04:41 #18
Sesame
Rogue

User
Active
"Originally Posted by Fysh"
Getting back on topic, I personally like the ascetic of the Nature troops, and like their special abilities...

Speaking of special abilities, I wonder if my reasoning is right. While I was choosing my Town Class, I read this post:
http://forum.undecima.com/FRM-ShowThread.aspx?thrid=51
which is quite old and I don't know if the content still applies. Nonetheless, I thought to myself, if each unit can only be buffed once by each Faith special ability and that the Buff Capacity is 3, then the way to bring the fullest out of a Faith army is to build it with (at least) three unit types, each making up 1/3 of the total Unit Power. Since Faith offers only 2 offensive units, I came to the conclusion of Axeman-Zealot-Inquisitor band.
It is very interesting how it encourages mixed arms. At first sight Magic seems to have much stronger buff than Faith, but if Faith units work together, as a battle should last for 2-3 rounds, teamwork may just save the day!Go Crazy
liked this
disliked this
20-Mar 2018 05:13 #19
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
It also depends what types of troops you are fighting. For the normal dungeons, bastions and stockades, sending the appropriate troops can make your attack much more efficient and greatly reduce losses.

The harder structures which contain artefacts or soul gems, are usually fairly balanced, so it is much harder to get an advantage against them. Particularly in those cases, I would assume your army suggestion of one third each of Axeman, Zealot and Inquisitor could work pretty well.

Also don't underestimate Horsemen. Against certain troop compositions they can be quite effective. It's always worth scouting before you attack, and checking the battle calculator.
liked this
disliked this
20-Mar 2018 22:22 #20
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
I have deleted a few hundreds of posts on the forum and whatever is left from the old times is still valid, including that one.

The "coverage" though doesn't work 1 unit can cover other 2 units, it depends on the Unit Power of this unit and Unit Power of units he is covering - it is actually all in that post Wink

liked this
disliked this
Page 2 out of 2 Page(s)
GO
First « 1 2 ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.