Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
09-Mar 2018 23:02 #1
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Local time
Is there any way to display times in my local time? Currently all times are displayed server time and it gets confusing trying to work out when a task will finish, or if I have already raided a particular dungeon already.
liked this
disliked this
10-Mar 2018 00:19 #2
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: Local time
No, it's always "Undecima Time". I was thinking about making this option, but then changed my mind. There are some technical reasons behind (for scripting and localization - it's very picky for different browsers) and some in-game reasons (many things are getting reset/refreshed/etc. at the end of the day and if it's different for different people, it may create confusion and issues). I understand it can create some inconvenience, but I hope after playing for some time, players will get used to "Undecima Time".

As for easy of using Undecima Time, you can always see what the Undecima Time is now (as on the screenshot), almost all tasks are showing how much time left before they are finished, and all Map Objects shows you when you last time visited them.

If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
10-Mar 2018 01:02 #3
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Yeah, I realised it could be difficult and cause confusion either way. This is what happened to me earlier today:

I clicked on a dungeon and saw that I had last visited at 09-Mar 08:51. I know I am 13 hours behind you, and my current time was around 9:20am 9/3. Undecima time is currently 10th March, so I had to try and work out if I had already visited before the reset. It's not easy, and I have a degree in mathematics!

Would it be possible to change the report link slightly so that it was clear if the report was on the current Undecima day? For example, perhaps instead of saying 09-Mar 08-51, it could say 09-Mar 08-51 (0 days). And then after the daily update, it would say 09-Mar 08-51 (1 days)? Alternatively the dungeon could show a little icon (just like the ruins or wishing wells) to show that you have cleared it on the current Undecima day?

I know someone else could also raid it, but at least it would be simpler to see what a player has personally cleared themselves...
Last Edited: 01:05 10-Mar-18 by Fysh
liked this
disliked this
10-Mar 2018 01:50 #4
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
The way you put it - I'm confused myself Shocked

Am I wrong to say that if it was 09-Mar 08:51 when you raided it and now it's 10-Mar, there is no possible way it would not be reset? Everything is reset at 23:45, so if it's a new day and you visited anything before 23:45, it would be 100% reset.

As for reports - technically it's possible, but I'd have to change the whole system of processing reports. At the moment, they are generated and stored and there is no any "live" data, i.e. it shows what it was at the time it was created and recorded. Again - possible, but probably some time later.

Well Done
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
10-Mar 2018 03:35 #5
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
I probably just miscalculated the server time based on my time (by adding 13). Maybe I also got confused by seeing things finishing on the 10th, and didn't realise we weren't quite there.

I was thinking you might not have to change very much at all, because the reports have a timestamp, it would just be a case of changing the text in the link that you see when you click on an item. This could simply be calculated from the current server time and the timestamp. For instance you could simply put a "(*)" after a report if it was time stamped on the current server day - without referencing any data of whether it was a successful attack. Or put "(old)" on all reports that are not from the current server day might be clearer as to its meaning?

It's no big deal though, I'm sure I can work it out. It just gets tough trying to find one I haven't already raided Happy
liked this
disliked this
10-Mar 2018 04:54 #6
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
It's okay, I'm just being a bit slow.

All I need to check is the server date versus the report date. If they match it is the same day LOLlol Thank You
liked this
disliked this
10-Mar 2018 13:26 #7
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Oh, finally degree in maths kicked in LOL
Fysh liked this
disliked this
10-Mar 2018 21:38 #8
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
LOL Well I hadnn't noticed the displayed server time, so I was converting my time to server time, and then converting all the server times back again to my time, remembering to carry backwards or forwards a day each time when crossing midnight - it wasn't easy! Big Grin
liked this
disliked this
10-Mar 2018 21:42 #9
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Yeah, maths is useless, you should've gotten a degree in rocket engineering LOL
liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
1 ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.