GO
08-Mar 2018 02:17 #1
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
The relaunch so far...
So far, I am enjoying the game. I particularly like:

* Faster troop movement and recruitment. The game is much more dynamic, and what with Scouting, Wishing Wells, raiding dungeons and looking for artefacts/soul gems there seems like quite a lot to do, and you can actually spent a chunk of time actually playing the game, rather than just sending some troops off, and coming back in a couple of hours. The daily quest also gives something else to focus on.

* The new mayor is great. As time goes on I'm hoping it will encourage some of us to buy some coins of Chronos, so that we can keep the server going. The Boost feature is really useful if you need to go out, or want to go to bed, and only have a short while to finish building, so you can set another construction going.

I know you have plans to improve the server response time. As it stands it is playable, but I am worried that new players might be put off, and we can't afford to lose any!

All in all, a very good relaunch. I'm looking forward to later levels, and seeing some of the other map structures too.
ForumAdmin, Temporary liked this
disliked this
08-Mar 2018 02:35 #2
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: The relaunch so far...
Oh, I was so worried Happy no, honestly, no sarcasm here. I'm very glad you like it I was aiming exactly at that and it seems that I achieved something Wink

As for the speed - yes, totally agree and that's why I don't send invites to all other people who played before and didn't post on some new sources of potential players as the first impression is very important only true fans can patient enough to wait for more than 2 seconds for a page to load :D

And by the way Monsieur La Mayor is not done yet Wink He's got a few more Aces in his sleeves, but they will come out a bit later (after I sort out all hosting issues at minimum).

Thank you,
Thank You

If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
08-Mar 2018 02:44 #3
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
I also have to add that the Roll Up Your Sleeves mechanism is awesome. 10 second work times feels about right, and being able to find Potions of Rejuvenation makes it much more important and useful. The potions also make it fairer for more casual players, because they can save them up, and use them when convenient. I often find myself in a dilemma of where to spend my work time - they are all useful depending on circumstances.
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
28-Mar 2018 04:28 #4
ReaverOf
Axeman

User
Active
Me likey the 201 !

I have only 3 complaint(s) :

Wink The first is the number of windows activated by the game and the wait time on the Roll your sleeves. We press too many buttons for each actions and then we wait 10 seconds for a minute gain (I do it because i'm a powergamer but still).

For example the button Town that is just a mouse over to get the menu is bothersome on phone, I'd rather that the Town button goes to Town Overview and from there have multiple windows for all the pages that are Town related. It saves a button press and on this game they are already a tad too many.

The other button that I find annoying is the validation to send units to attack, it's not necessary if you can call back an army we just sent (like in oGame). I often forget that last [ok] and realize later on that no army was sent to my dismay.

The less pages we need to load for all the information, the better.

Wink The second is the lack of excitement in the research and blacksmith themes. It's not thrilling to gain 3% attack 10 times on 1 unit. I understand the concept, but I'd rather have 2 or 3 very long researches and more "fluff" and "lore" oriented researches. Like better research time for the Wizards, better Blacksmith upgrade time for Might, beter boni for some altars according to the town chosen, ... You get my drift, pure linear gain is boring in my opinion.

Wink The lack of clear and precise goals. If it's a race to the top level, players joining late might feel that there is no point to join. I don't yet understand the 201 end goals so I'll refrain from critizing too much, but right now I'm just playing on a PvE point of view, I'll farm my soul gems in dungeons and try to reach the top. But I don't feel really incentivised to focus other players.

Just my humble two cents of course and I'm still enjoying the game.
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
28-Mar 2018 04:49 #5
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
"Originally Posted by ReaverOf"
The other button that I find annoying is the validation to send units to attack, it's not necessary if you can call back an army we just sent (like in oGame). I often forget that last [ok] and realize later on that no army was sent to my dismay.

I personally find the verification useful. Particularly so when trying to gain +1 morale from an attack. Your army power value has to be below a certain figure, and I find it always worth checking before clicking the final okay.

So many times I realise a mistake and could just click the back button to sort it out. If the troops had already been sent I would have to call them back, which takes at least a minute for them to return, plus have to set the whole attack up again.
liked this
disliked this
28-Mar 2018 04:51 #6
ReaverOf
Axeman

User
Active
That check could happen on the former page when you decide on the number of units to send (I think).
Last Edited: 04:51 28-Mar-18 by ReaverOf
liked this
disliked this
28-Mar 2018 04:54 #7
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
Maybe, but it needs to calculate the troop power, which requires a page reload the way it is coded.
liked this
disliked this
28-Mar 2018 22:51 #8
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Thank your feedback Happy

1a) The game at the moment is not optimized for Mobile Apps, sorry Sorry When I started Undecima, maximum people could play on the phone was Tetris Shocked When the time comes, I will just create a separate interface for Mobile Apps, it is a lot of work, but it should be done at some point. At the moment, you can play it on the phone, it's alright, but not as easy as on PC.

1b) Roll Up Your Sleeves - noted. It was originally (at the end of 101 as you'd say) 1 minute, not 10 seconds as now, so clicking OK wasn't a big deal. I'll think what I can do about it.

1c) Confirmation screen - hmm... this one must stay I'm afraid.
First it shows some vital information, starting from you are actually attacking (you can mis-click on the map), and to how long it will take, what will be your extra upkeep.
And second, most of this information is calculated after you "make" your Battlegroup. There is a lot of parameters stored in different tables that are contributing to your speed, loot capacity, upkeep, etc. that's all processed on the database side. If it was something much simpler, I could do it in scripts on the back of the page, without reloading, but for this kind of calculations it's not going to work.

2) I see. The "fluff" and "lore" oriented research - that's pretty much what we have in the Library - the cost is higher, the time is longer, and it's only 10 Ranks for each Unit. I don't think it would be a good idea to have the same for the Blacksmith. I'm not exactly following your examples Rolling Eyes (e.g. what is better research time for Wizards), but following the "fluff" and "lore" approach, we could possible have more interesting names instead of Attack, Defense, and Damage. It would take some imagination to work it all out though for all units. And if you mean to have some other aspects (e.g. not just Attack, Defense, and Damage, but something else for different units) - that would take hips of balance recalculation.

3) The purpose of the Game is still the same - to win the Game LOL in other words - capture the Crown and hold it for three days. The difference is that you are winning not a WHOLE game, but just a game ROUND. After you do, we celebrate, and then the Victor (and his/her Soul mate) is reset and everybody else just keep playing. It described in one of the Guides that are sent every day for the first 10 days starting from the time you build your Library (or somewhere close to the end of your Tutorial). It may be not that competitive, but considering that the Game is long, I thought it would be very unfair to reset the whole thing after somebody winds it Happy

Thank you again for your feedback, it's nice to see you back, and I'm very glad you're enjoying the game Well Done
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
Temporary liked this
disliked this
29-Mar 2018 04:12 #9
Fysh
Wyvern Master

User
Active
"Originally Posted by ReaverOf"
Wink The lack of clear and precise goals.

I think in some ways you have to define your own goal(s). There is not really a race to the top, because ultimately, as long as you keep playing, you will eventually get there, and have a chance at trying to win the Crown. Really the only race, is to be the first player(s) to win the Crown....

After that, the only option is to start again on level 1. I think there are some 'perks' you get for winning the Crown, but ultimately the game is what you make of it.

For me personally, I would love to be on the first winning team. After that, I might try another faction, or play in a different style, where I take my time, and maybe focus more on having a pvp experience. Shocked Sorry

And always new things will be added to the game, so it's interesting to see what comes. Well Done
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
1 ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.