Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
12-Nov 2016 03:50 #1
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Undecima - Reloaded
I said earlier that I was planning to start Undecima again at the end of 2016, but after some serious consideration, I think it will be better if I give it a bit more time.

My main concern is that there is still a lot of development to do, but soon as I launch Undecima, most of my limited time will be spent on maintaining it, tending to Forum, and fixing bugs.

I have narrowed the list of the things that I think must be done before restarting the game and the second launch is currently scheduled for 7-Jul-2017. I know it's a long time, but at the end I think it will be better for everyone Happy

Everybody who was waiting for the second launch, please accept my sincere apologies for this delay.

The list of the main changes that I narrowed down:
- Temples of Chronos
- Taverns and Town Visitors
- The Great Ripple of Chronos (the Endgame)
- A few more changes for the Mayor
- Soul Mates
- Changes to Tutorial, Guidelines, Notifications, and Videos

Thank You
Last Edited: 03:51 12-Nov-16 by ForumAdmin
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
13-Jun 2017 06:12 #2
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: Undecima - Reloaded
I think there is no point to appologize for dealys anymore and list all my unfortunate circumstances that lead to yet another one - it is what is and the launch time shifted again, currently it's 7-Sep-2017.

Temples of Chronos and Taverns are done, a few days for cleaning the mess and starting on Soul Mates.

We'll get there Cool
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
13-Jun 2017 10:00 #3
Fysh
Horseman

User
Active
It's better to delay, and have a more finished and polished game at re-launch time. As you have said before, once the game starts, you will find it even harder to find time for development.

I also assume that server costs are a lot lower while the game is not actually running? You've got to get it as ready as possible, so that the re-launch has as much chance as possible of being a success, and hopefully at least making the game cost neutral for you...
liked this
disliked this
14-Jun 2017 04:48 #4
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
I'm not running any servers at the moment as it's VERY expensive (about $300 USD/ month for a dedicated server). Just have a shared account for this forum and the front page of the game, which is about $20 USD/month Happy

OK, back to finishing and polishing LOL

liked this
disliked this
14-Jun 2017 08:43 #5
Avalugg
Gladiator

User
Active
$300 for server hosting?
I really don't know what configuration you need but you deffinitely should check out

https://www.leaseweb.com/dedicated-servers/build-your-own?gclid=CjwKEAjwvYPKBRCYr5GLgNCJ_jsSJABqwfw7QAmMxmaOttsueTEJBZmtapCdJc7TU20Z8stXqkle7xoCP9zw_wcB

I think you will find something that fits your needs for way lower monthly costs.

Anyways, I can't wait to finally see the game online again, good luck finishing and polishing Well Done
Last Edited: 08:48 14-Jun-17 by Avalugg
liked this
disliked this
15-Jun 2017 05:00 #6
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Thank you for the link - everybody welcome to share any good sites or deals with meHappy

I tried quite hard before the last time to find something suitable and when you take one of this "build-yourself" things and add everything what you need to have (Windows, SQL, Plesk, ASP.NET, etc.) it turns out to be not that cheap at all Rolling Eyes

When I initially started, I purchased a server for a year ahead and got a good discount, so it was about $120 USD a month and it had everything. After a year, I couldn't re-negotiate the price as it was only for the "first term" and it was going to be around $280 with no discount Shocked

This time I will do some research again, there are many concerns and factors to account for. That's by the way the link to the guys I was purchasing my server before:

Well Done

liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 1 Page(s)
GO
1 ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.