User Name: Password: Register
Undecima Forum Bugs & Modifications Modifications The Great Ripple of Crhonos - The Endgame
The Great Ripple of Crhonos - The Endgame
Topic:
Page 1 out of 3 Page(s)
GO
1 2 3 » Last
01-Aug 2017 06:27 #1
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
The Great Ripple of Crhonos - The Endgame
I’m starting to work on the Great Ripple of Chronos update and it might be a good time to share how I’m going to do it. It will be a part of the Endgame or even better to say it will effectively replace it. That’s right, there will be no Endgame anymore Wink
You still can win the Game of course and the ultimate target is still to capture the Crown and hold it for three days; what is happening after somebody wins the Game is about to change.

After the winner is announced, there will be a short period of celebration and then the Great Ripple of Chronos will shatter the World of Undecima. It will start on Level 11 and players located on this level will be affected the most – their towns will be completely destroyed (sorry Sorry ) and they will start playing from the scratch on Level 1.

Players on other levels will be thrown back in time in similar way as they can do themselves in one of the Temples of Chronos. Players on Level 10 will be shifted to Level 2; Players on Level 9 will go to Level 3; Level 8 to Level 4; and finally, Level 7 to Level 5.

By the time the Ripple reaches Level 6, it will be too small and insignificant to do any damage and all players located on Levels 6 to 1 will not be effected at all.

That’s pretty much it – the Game will go on. Cool

I’ll put more details about capturing the Crown and winning the Game a bit later Wink
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
02-Aug 2017 06:53 #2
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: The Great Ripple of Crhonos - The Endgame
The Call of Ragnarok feature (where you could jump from lower level to level 10 when the Crown is captured) is getting scratched off. This feature was very popular, but unfortunatelly proved to be totally useless Sorry Everybody who jumped from more than 1 level away, couldn't cope and defeat any troops on level 10 and were just sitting and doing nothing.

On the other note - if you are on one of the levels what is going under the Ripple, you might want to consider to visit a Temple of Chronos and do the jump yourself - there is no point of saving coins at this time. For example, if you're on Level 9 and see that there is no way you can join the party and try capturing the Crown, you can instead jump down 3 levels, to Level 6, which will save you from getting kicked down to Level 3. Well Done
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
05-Aug 2017 03:41 #3
Fysh
Horseman

User
Active
It's a bit of the strange idea, but it will definitely allow more players to reach higher levels over time, and mean that more casual players are not always restarting and playing the first few levels over and over...

If people have the possibility of moving themselves down levels at the end (and therefore avoiding the worst effects of the Ripple), then surely even the winner (and everyone else near the top) will just be able to do this too? Won't it mean that most people just start from level 6?

If your idea is to try and even the playing field for the next 'round', then should the Ripple be able to be avoided?
Last Edited: 03:44 05-Aug-17 by Fysh
liked this
disliked this
05-Aug 2017 05:11 #4
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Hehe, I think it's a fine idea as now it's never too late to start playing Wink

As for restrictions - you may not have enough Coins of Chronos to jump down as low as you want, aspecially from level 11, if you didn't save enough Coins before. The winner will not be able to jump, that's for sure, he or she will be knocked down to level 1. I was thinking about some restrictions, and may add some later Happy
liked this
disliked this
06-Aug 2017 09:26 #5
Fysh
Horseman

User
Active
"Originally Posted by ForumAdmin"
Hehe, I think it's a fine idea as now it's never too late to start playing Wink

You may have solved a problem that doesn't really exist. Let's assume your servers still have restarts once a player has won. When a new player finds the game they will usually opt to join the newest server (let's assume your game is established and has 3 servers running).

Initially they will spend time learning the game, and then, if they missed the beginning by more than a couple of weeks, decide to restart on the next new server. With 3 active servers, you are probably looking at a restart every 2 months or so. On average a new player will only have to wait around 3-4 weeks - and when the game is new and you are struggling to absorb information as quickly as possible - 3 weeks is not a long time...
liked this
disliked this
06-Aug 2017 09:42 #6
Fysh
Horseman

User
Active
The main things I dislike about the idea of the Ripple are:

a) It most heavily punishes the players who play well. And in the case of spending coins of Chronos, can actually be seen as a tax on player ability - the better/more active player you are the more (potentially real cash) you have to fork out to start at the same level as other players.

b) Server restarts are fun. No matter how well or badly you did last round, everybody suddenly has a clean slate to begin with. You may decide to play a different faction, or a different approach to the game. You are ready to learn from your mistakes, and excited to try again.

c) In my experience, it is at the very beginning of the game where you get the most competition, with players trying to get ahead of each other. The mad scramble in the early stages of a server can be really fun, and this is the point where active players are most likely to buy coins of Chronos, and make your game a financial success.

d) For the more active players, playing is quite time-consuming, and can be a big commitment. Being reset back several months of hard work is not fun, and not motivating. In fact, it begins to feel quite pointless to play. Interestingly, a complete server reset, doesn't feel the same way, as it is a complete fresh start, and the beginning of a new commitment.
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
06-Aug 2017 11:23 #7
Fysh
Horseman

User
Active
I do like the idea of permanence on a server. If achievements are not reset, then that would be good.

Also, if the Ripple is staying, I think it would be good to introduce some small, but permanent, bonus to the account for players who are 'Rippled' downward. This could be a small percentage increase of some kind. Maybe the player could be given several different bonuses to choose from? Players who are 'Rippled' the furthest, would have the largest bonus. And it should accumulate, so that long term veteran players, have a tangible (but not game breaking) permanent advantage in recognition of their dedication to the game.

I guess what I am saying, is that if you want a permanent server, then you have to give players some reasonable incentive to keep going despite the knockdowns. Players like to feel they are progressing in some way, otherwise it's just pretty pointless.
Last Edited: 11:27 06-Aug-17 by Fysh
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
07-Aug 2017 06:15 #8
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Hmm... achievements will not be completely reset but "rippled down" as everything else Shocked Meaning that if you knocked down to level 3, your achievments would be as of what you had when you advanced to Level 3. If you keep your achievements as is, you will not get a bonus for achieving it again.

Idea of a bonus for reaching a certain level before getting knocked down is a good one. I'll have to think about it. Rolling Eyes

Thank you
Well Done

liked this
disliked this
07-Aug 2017 07:43 #9
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Oops - I haven't noticed your other two posts, only the last one LOL
I will address all points you mentioned later, but now how the Crown is going to get captured - it's changing as well. Wink

There will be a new type of attacking - laying a siege, or just Siege, which will be available for Undecima Town only (at the moment). Any player on Level 11 can lay a siege and it will last for 24 hours. There is a general restriction on the minimum troops power to attack any object on a map, but besides this, as long as you send your troops with both rams and catapults, it's all good to go. The Siege will work similar to Visiting and Reinforcing in sense of you being able to send more troops later to boost the total number (e.g. Mercenaries, so they don’t eat up all your gold), withdraw some of the troops (if you need to handle something urgently), replace Commanders, etc.

Any other player on the same level can join the siege before the timer expires - up to seven players in total (seven gems, seven players - seven and eleven are good numbers in Undecima Wink ). When the timer expires, all troops will launch attacks on Undecima Town.

to be continued... Cool
liked this
disliked this
07-Aug 2017 07:50 #10
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Now, the strength of defenders will not be dependent on anything, but will be some fixed number. Every time when a new player joins the Siege, this number will be doubled and reduced by some certain percentage. For example, if a single player lay a Siege, the troops power of defenders will be 20K, when another player joins in, this 20K will be reduce by 5% to 19K, but there will be 38K in total. With total possible reduction of 30% if all 7 slots are occupied with 14K for each player and 98K in total.

When players launch their attacks, they each will be fighting exactly the same number of troops, regardless of what they are attacking with, e.g. if there are 7 players, each of them will fight against 14K of defenders. All players that defeat defenders can potentially capture the Crown, but only the one with the Best Score for this battle will actually do.

The Battle Score in the game is calculated based on the ratio of your troops power to the troops power of defenders, accounting for the ratio of your casualties versus losses of the defenders. In other words, a player with the most optimal number of troops that will result in the minimum casualties without totally overpowering your opponent will get the best score.

You will be able to run this scenario on your Battle Calculator to pick the best combination of troops that will do the most damage with minimum losses as just sending a whole lot of everything will probably grant you a victory in the Battle, but not the Best Score (or maybe it will, who knows what other players have). You will need of course a very powerful Commander, good artifacts, research all necessary skills, moral and luck boosts, etc. to ensure your success.

This way, I believe, the best player will get the Crown. After the Crown is captured, anyone of course can attack the Crown Holder, but that’s another story Wink

Well Done
liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 3 Page(s)
GO
1 2 3 » Last ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.