GO
First « 1 2 3 » Last
06-Apr 2017 05:35 #11
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: New Map Objects
Not changed yet, but probably should - took them four days to fix a problem they created themselves.

I hope it will be more interesting to play Wink still a lot to do, but never give up never surrender LOL

Glad that people still checking in Well Done
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
07-Apr 2017 10:44 #12
Fysh
Horseman

User
Active
And probably a surprise that it is me, as I was always so vocal. Some people thought I was against the game, but I very much wanted it to succeed, and become the best it can.

There are so many innovative features, I think it has a real chance.

Have you worked out the new endgame yet? Sorry if I have missed the post somewhere.

ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
08-Apr 2017 06:12 #13
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
I never doubted you, Mr. Fysh Wink LOL

Yes, I have a concept for a new End Game, but I'll have to still implement it. It will be more flexible and more friendly for new players. It's queued for development after I finish with Taverns (the Gambling part).

Well Done
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
27-Apr 2017 13:48 #14
Fysh
Horseman

User
Active
By the time players reach the endgame phase, they will generally not be considered 'new players' any more! I believe the end of the game should be difficult and challenging, but it should utilise the skills players have learnt on their journey to the end.

The problem with your last endgame, is that you purposely constructed the game so that pvp is not really viable (which is fine), but then you constructed an endgame which was all about pvp! The endgame did not match the rest of the players experience with the game.

I don't have any decent ideas for what the endgame should be, but I might be able to bounce ideas, to help you come up with a really amazing concept before you code it.

Actually, I did just have the start of an idea...

Central to your game is the concept of your village travelling through planes of existence, as you progress from level to level. What if the first 8 or so evels were really just training grounds for the final few levels of the journey? Maybe the final few levels are devastating landscapes in inhospitable planes of existence, like fire, ice, maybe even the underworld? Your village passes through these planes, with you collecting enough soul gems for you to progress. Each of these special planes has a different feel, and maybe some devastating NPC race that inhabits their own cities. You may have to steal something from one of these cities to help you progress, or maybe just have to do fend off their attacks, while you collect enough soul gems to progress. The winner of the game is the first player to make it through these hellish, nightmarish levels, to reach some kind of nervana...? Just a bare bones idea, but I would be interested to know the broad outline of what your thinking on the endgame is?
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
08-May 2017 05:05 #15
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Sorry for a late response - real life is taking better of me recently. I better re-phrase, the Endgame will be the same, capturing the Crown (maybe just slightly different), but the Ending of the Game (what happens after), will be different from what it was and will be friendlier for new players Happy

I was thinking originally to make every level unique, but frankly couldn't come up with 10 fresh ideas of different world with bosses, units and don't fall into the orco-elvish-dwarfing epics. I mean, you can come up with something and I have, but I thought what I had didn't worth the effort. Besides, it means lots of drawing for new units and it is not easy for me Rolling Eyes

I can say for sure that later in the game, there will be NPC adversaries, which will hassle human players without even being provoked if not checked in time Wink

But I can see what you're saying in your last paragraph - make it even less pvp Big Grin I'll have mull it over - I have another feature, which I'm going to implement before re-launching and that one is suppose to improve coop-playing. Will see Well Done
liked this
disliked this
08-May 2017 05:59 #16
Fysh
Horseman

User
Active
Features that reward co-op playing would be great. That is a good substitute for pvp. Essentially you give people a reason to talk to each other!

Probably, reward co-op play, is better than, require co-op play. Some people like to be left alone and do their own thing. It should be possible for these people to progress, but it might not be as efficient.

Maybe there is a way where two (or possibly more) people could work together, defeating some adversary, and each win a soul gem (or whatever the prize is). A lot could depend on mutual location of cities. It might be hard to work together if people are too far apart, especially with the current crippling mechanics that prevent longer range attacks.

I'm not a fan of artificially restricting the range of attacks. Without those restrictions, players can still work together even on some of the beginning, larger, maps. It doesn't matter that an attack might take 24h to hit, because it's a slow-paced game. The point is allowing longer range attacks opens up more potential cooperation if co-op opportunities exist.

I did think it might be problematic with artwork if levels were themed. And generally agree that it's not really necessary. You already have the concept of journeying through harder and harder lands, where game mechanics become increasingly more favourable for the NPC factions.

ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
08-May 2017 06:15 #17
Fysh
Horseman

User
Active
What if there was a new type (or an enhanced, more powerful version) of NPC structure on the map, where 2 or more players, can send their attacking armies. These armies essentially wait outside of the structure, until everyone is in place (the other people who will be joining the attack). Then the assault begins, and effectively all the player armies combine together to attack the NPC target.

If a player has already sent their army, but noone else wants to join in the assault, they can just recall that army any time they like. The assault only happens when everyone is ready.

Some of these structures could require 2 attacking armies, some, super difficult structures, may have slots available for as many as 5-6 armies. And these structures are not mandatory. Players can get by and progress without having to attack these, it would just provide an optional, more efficient way, and give people an incentive to co-operate...

Imagine some large structure at the centre of map 3. Maybe it is the lair of some Dragon? You don't ever have to attack this lair, but people want to see what happens, and want to get the achievement, and a share of the reward! People gathered on that map might discuss for several days preparing. Something like that could be awesome. And there could be one different superstructure on each map level... City of Giants, Troll Cave, Necromancer's lair, etc...
ForumAdmin, Avalugg liked this
disliked this
08-May 2017 06:39 #18
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Yep - that what it will be pretty much for coop-play, rewarded, but not required - the name is, guess what, "Soul Mates" LOL it's mentioned in this thread (and that's where we actually should be discussing all new features for the game, by the way)

That is inded a very interesting idea about combined attacks on difficult NPC targets. I've put it down in my "planning" file Happy Thank you Well Done
liked this
disliked this
12-Jun 2017 06:40 #19
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
The Gambling part of Taverns is completed. You will need to have your Commander stationed in a Tavern to go to the Gambling Room and start playing. The game is very simple – you pick a number or numbers, select your Bet Amount, and roll the dice.

All winnings, comparing to say famous Craps, are very generous – if there are 1 in 36 odds of rolling 2 for two dice (1 and 1), then you will get 35 times of your bet as a winning prize.

But Undecima is not about Gambling per se, so to make it interesting, we have a new skill for your Commanders as well – very unimaginatively, it’s call Gambling, and when you upgrade it, a portion of all your bets will be converted into experience Wink Higher level, higher percentage + a bonus for winning of course Cool

That’s it for all new Map Objects that will be in the Game before the second launch Well Done

liked this
disliked this
12-Jun 2017 13:30 #20
Fysh
Horseman

User
Active
Looks really interesting. How many times can you gamble a day?
liked this
disliked this
Page 2 out of 3 Page(s)
GO
First « 1 2 3 » Last ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.