User Name: Password: Register
Undecima Forum Wisemen Corner Undecima 201 Mercenary and Astral Countdown question
Mercenary and Astral Countdown question
Topic:
Page 1 out of 2 Page(s)
GO
1 2 » Last
04-Apr 2016 17:12 #1
Al Caponage

User
Active
Mercenary and Astral Countdown question
Hi, y'all!

I've just got a couple questions and perhaps a suggestion depending on the answer to the second one.

When I recruit mercenaries, am I able to immediately dismiss them from coming to my camp and taking of my gold before they march all the way to be stationed there?

Secondly, once the astral countdown expires and we are limited from researching at the blacksmith, is there any way to apply unassigned rank points to your units? If the answer is no, I suggest that we should be able to assign upgrades to our units even though we're unable to further research upgrades. They're paid for, so we should be able to use them, right? Personally, I had dozens of ranks upgraded, but I had not assigned them since I'm unsure which stat would be most beneficial. This may lead me to ask more questions in the future, but for now I'll leave it at that and potentially find my answers from the battle calculator once I get around to it.

Thanks
liked this
disliked this
04-Apr 2016 19:09 #2
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Re: Mercenary and Astral Countdown question
Hello Al, and welcome to the Forum Happy

No, you can't dismiss mercenaries right after you hire them for two reasons:

1) If it was possible, it would be very easy to abuse and hire/dismiss all mercenaries around your enemy's town. Rolling Eyes

2) I had a conversation with MTU (Mercenaries Trade Union) and we agreed that Mercenaries should have a minimum wage, which is the trip from the Mercenary Camp to your Town, otherwise it would be totally unfair Happy

Now about the Blacksmith. When you get into the Idle state, the building is pretty much getting locked on a padlock. If we allow assigning points, then we probably should allow un-assigning, and then re-assigning and all of that suggests a working Blacksmith, where in fact it is not. Hence, sorry, no assigning points while in the Idle state Sorry

As for the points - which and what. Ooh, different combinations for different scenarios for different troops for different proportion of attackers to defenders and other way around... Have to try for yourself and see what you like more Wink
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
04-Apr 2016 20:09 #3
Al Caponage

User
Active
Ok. Another question is, what happened to the tasks in my blacksmith, library, and building quarters that were qued up when my astral countdown timer expired? Now that I've captured a soul gem, none of the tasks are complete nor are they picking up where they should have left off. More importantly, what happened to the resources?
liked this
disliked this
04-Apr 2016 20:15 #4
Al Caponage

User
Active
"Originally Posted by ForumAdmin"
If we allow assigning points, then we probably should allow un-assigning, and then re-assigning and all of that suggests a working Blacksmith

That's true from the perspective of the way things currently exist. What do you think of possibly making it the barracks' or mayor's responsibility to assign skills to troops? It seems that once a blacksmith has done his work the assigning of his research is likely to be out of his hands or even above his pay grade. It would be more fitting for that to be in the hands of a commander, mayor, or the troops themselves.

Come to think of it, I guess all these "skills" are actually coming from modifications to the weapons and armor of the troops rather than training which I suppose comes from the library. I think my perception got skewed by my interpretation of the word rank in terms of each unit's upgrades.
Last Edited: 20:19 04-Apr-16 by Al Caponage
liked this
disliked this
04-Apr 2016 20:25 #5
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
"Originally Posted by Al Caponage"
Ok. Another question is, what happened to the tasks in my blacksmith, library, and building quarters that were qued up when my astral countdown timer expired? Now that I've captured a soul gem, none of the tasks are complete nor are they picking up where they should have left off. More importantly, what happened to the resources?

Lost Sad can't say much here... I mentioned in another post that later it might be getting suspended or frozen, but at the moment it's just all lost... Refunds only when you cancel something yourself, but here - you snooze, you loose, there are 7 days after all to plan your attack.

It's a bit harsh and maybe not a bit unfair, but it's a good motivator for active players to not postponed it to the very last hour.
Last Edited: 20:26 04-Apr-16 by ForumAdmin
If you have any questions or problems related to Undecima, do not hesitate to ask them on the forum, send me a private message, or email to support@undecima.com
liked this
disliked this
04-Apr 2016 20:31 #6
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active

That's true from the perspective of the way things currently exist. What do you think of possibly making it the barracks' or mayor's responsibility to assign skills to troops? It seems that once a blacksmith has done his work the assigning of his research is likely to be out of his hands or even above his pay grade. It would be more fitting for that to be in the hands of a commander, mayor, or the troops themselves.

Come to think of it, I guess all these "skills" are actually coming from modifications to the weapons and armor of the troops rather than training which I suppose comes from the library. I think my perception got skewed by my interpretation of the word rank in terms of each unit's upgrades.

Hmm... I see it a bit differently Happy These points are rather non-linear distribution of your Blacksmith labour. To make it closer to real life, it should be researching one of the attributes right from the very beginning without any distributions later. But I saw the way it is now is a bit more flexible. I didn't expect that someone would be accumulating a horde of these points as wherever you put them in is better than just keep them unassigned Happy

I'll think about it... But shifting distribution to another building can add another level of complexity and we may end up with a whole bunch of players sitting on a horde of unassigned points Happy But I'll think about it

Well Done

liked this
disliked this
04-Apr 2016 20:44 #7
Al Caponage

User
Active
Yeah I started playing on a weekend, then got caught up on a workweek, a busy weekend, another workweek..., and there went my countdown/resources...just to kinda explain the type of situation that arose to set that all into motion. I focused all on afk development rather than taking time to figure out coordinated attacks and how things tick. Lesson learned. Are you the game developer, Vindicator?
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
04-Apr 2016 20:50 #8
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active
Yeah I started playing on a weekend, then got caught up on a workweek, a busy weekend, another workweek..., and there went my countdown/resources...just to kinda explain the type of situation that arose to set that all into motion. I focused all on afk development rather than taking time to figure out coordinated attacks and how things tick. Lesson learned. Are you the game developer, Vindicator?

Yes, it's easy to lose a track of Astral Countdown with all ordeals of real life LOL

I'm a developer, designer, creator, artist, and everything else in Undecima Wink - it's a one-man project Wink
liked this
disliked this
04-Apr 2016 21:03 #9
Al Caponage

User
Active
"Originally Posted by ForumAdmin"

Yes, it's easy to lose a track of Astral Countdown with all ordeals of real life LOL

I'm a developer, designer, creator, artist, and everything else in Undecima Wink - it's a one-man project Wink

Well, that's cool. It looks great. I'm glad to be poking around a little bit. I hope I can offer you valuable feedback.

As for the timer, I didn't lose track. I knew it was coming, but I didn't place any urgency on it because I didn't realize the impact it would have. I also didn't realize how easy it would be to capture my first soul gem. The info mail we're getting is great stuff, btw! Had I gotten the one about Capturing Soul Gems from Bastions, I may have gone for it sooner. I knew my actions would be limited, but I didn't know I'd lose resources for incomplete tasks.

I'm a supporter of the idea to freeze/suspend actions in the buildings affected by the astral countdown, or, if not, then maybe a clear warning in the info mail regarding the astral countdown would suffice.
ForumAdmin liked this
disliked this
04-Apr 2016 21:25 #10
ForumAdmin
Vindicator

Administrator
Active

...Had I gotten the one about Capturing Soul Gems from Bastions, I may have gone for it sooner. ...

I'm a supporter of the idea to freeze/suspend actions in the buildings affected by the astral countdown, or, if not, then maybe a clear warning in the info mail regarding the astral countdown would suffice.

Yes, thank you for your feedback Well Done

And of course you had - Capturing Soul Gems from Bastions. It's sent on Day 6 I believe .

I will add a line about losing resources to the Guidelines about the Idle State.

liked this
disliked this
Page 1 out of 2 Page(s)
GO
1 2 » Last ^
ticket image
Insert Image
Enter URL of the Image you want to insert:

Or browse to a file on your local computer:
(allowed file types: bmp, gif, jpeg, and png; maximum size: 500Kb)
Copyright © 2015 Undecima . All rights reserved.